Headphones Most Suitable for Kpop?
Oct 28, 2012 at 2:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

Mheat122134

100+ Head-Fier
Hello, I was searching through the forum but i cant find anything i want. Which headphones would be suitable for listening to kpop and a bit of rap? I want something that can really bring out the music in both. I was thinking of the V-Moda M-100 or Sennheiser HD-25? not sure if they're the best choice, any suggestions?

Oct 28, 2012 at 3:58 PM Post #2 of 14
I listen to kpop also, but mostly ballads. I'm using the HD 650 with RSA's The Intruder as an amp.

I listen to 2pm and they sound great. 

This is just in general it may vary to your preference.

PM me if you have any other questions. I've tried a couple of setups mainly listening to kpop/ballads.

Andy

Dec 20, 2012 at 2:20 PM Post #5 of 14
Partially joking..

Dec 20, 2012 at 5:24 PM Post #9 of 14
I love the Senn 598s as an all-rounder, but they're not the best for rap. KPop is hit or miss.

It also depends on the kind of Korean music you're listening to - if you mean mainstream stuff like SNSD, f(x), Big Bang, etc. I'd opt for something on the bassy side that doesn't bleed into the midrange. I haven't heard the M-100 myself but it could be a decent bet.

D600 plays well with both genres, but I prefer the 598s overall. If those two genres are literally all you listen to, I haven't heard anything better than the D600.

Dec 20, 2012 at 5:32 PM Post #10 of 14
Quote:
I love the Senn 598s as an all-rounder, but they're not the best for rap. KPop is hit or miss.

It also depends on the kind of Korean music you're listening to - if you mean mainstream stuff like SNSD, f(x), Big Bang, etc. I'd opt for something on the bassy side that doesn't bleed into the midrange. I haven't heard the M-100 myself but it could be a decent bet.

D600 plays well with both genres, but I prefer the 598s overall. If those two genres are literally all you listen to, I haven't heard anything better than the D600.

Thanks, I'll consider the D600.

Dec 21, 2012 at 1:05 PM Post #13 of 14
Good enough for me yes. Bass can get boomy at times if the recording hints at it.

Dec 21, 2012 at 2:00 PM Post #14 of 14
I use a pair of LA-2000 (modded Denon D2k) to listen to kpop almost exclusively (2ne1, Secret, Big Bang, Ailee, Crown J, DJ Doc, Epik High, YDG, JinuSean, Illinit, MC Sniper, San E, I could probably go on forever).  I am very pleased with them, though they can be sibilant, especially with how most kpop songs are mastered.  I think that the D600 is the new replacement for the D2k which people here seem to be suggesting a lot.  If it is anything like the D2k, you will probably not be disappointed.  Please do note that I haven't heard the D600.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back