headphones makes ears ring?
Oct 4, 2007 at 8:41 AM Post #31 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by feckn_eejit /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My only complaint about my hearing is in loud rooms (i.e. restaurants) it's basically impossible for me to hear the person sitting across the table from me, has been like this as long as I can remember, father says the same for him...

I have the same problem with women
icon10.gif
(seriously, though...). It's been about 5-6 years since I've been tested last, so I forget which frequency I can't hear, but its' right in the range of female voice, thus making it hard for me to hear some women's voice. It's a blessing and a curse...for obvious reasons hahahaha.

Oct 4, 2007 at 7:04 PM Post #32 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by Audio Jester /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Going out on a limb here but possible thoughts....

1. Have you had any serious head injury?

2. Have you thought about seeing a Physiotherapist (could be spine related or muscle tension)

3. Acupuncture might help (again could be nervous or tension related)

4. Might be related to what I was talking about earlier

Maybe think about changing HPs? It seems others have similar problems and this might be the easiest may of fixing it?

.....just things to think about.
wink.gif

1. I had a normal childhood so nothing major happened(maybe a few bumps)

2. Yeah I need to go to the doctor but again I have no insurance so who knows how long I will have to live with this... maybe forever = (

3. Yes I actually did do acupuncture, just yesterday actually. 10 points in me. 2 in my shin, 2 in my forearm, 2 in my shoulder, and 4 in my neck for 15 minutes. I did not hear any results afterwards or today. I woke up with tinnitus in my ears/head = (

4. bleh... this blows = P

I dont think its my headphones because when I went to the audiologist she just stuck these foamies deep into my ear for a hearing test and my tinnitus just went crazy. I passed the test but barely... She said my ears aren't being damaged and its probably a medical problem. While I was there i also listened to her voice at 80db and it was loud! Certainly much louder than my listening volume.

Oct 4, 2007 at 10:58 PM Post #33 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by Joeywhat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have the same problem with women
icon10.gif
(seriously, though...). It's been about 5-6 years since I've been tested last, so I forget which frequency I can't hear, but its' right in the range of female voice, thus making it hard for me to hear some women's voice. It's a blessing and a curse...for obvious reasons hahahaha.

My loud background-noise problem is definitely worse with the female voice. Strangely when there is no background noise I have no trouble picking out very faint traces of the same frequency range. Weeeeeird.

edit: hmm just did some quick maths, in theory my Pass X250.5 can drive the old Magnepan MG-IIIa's up to about 110db or so when it's pegged, which I have done and it is frickin' loud... it's quite an experience, very fun, special occasions only...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back