Headphones made in...
Mar 25, 2007 at 6:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

cherepashka

100+ Head-Fier
Despite a lot of goods are made in Asia nowadays( esp. China) there are still some authentic products. For example, i know that HD 650 made in Ireland, top AKG's models are made in Austria and top Beyers in Germany. Maybe it's more of a psychological issue, but i like to know that a manufacturer considers it critical to produce some top products in Europe despite economical issues.
So guys, tell me where your cans are made! Particul. i'd like to know where HD 580 & 600 are made..

Mar 25, 2007 at 6:52 PM Post #3 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by cherepashka /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Despite a lot of goods are made in Asia nowadays( esp. China) there are still some authentic products. For example, i know that HD 650 made in Ireland, top AKG's models are made in Austria and top Beyers in Germany. Maybe it's more of a psychological issue, but i like to know that a manufacturer considers it critical to produce some top products in Europe despite economical issues.
So guys, tell me where your cans are made! Particul. i'd like to know where HD 580 & 600 are made..

well, these companies are from Europe, so they manufacture their products in Europe, it's as simple as that!

Grado headphones are made in Brooklyn, on site at Grado headquarters. see: John Grado's 2 story home.

Mar 25, 2007 at 6:54 PM Post #4 of 18
Quote:

Despite a lot of goods are made in Asia nowadays( esp. China) there are still some authentic products.

What? Do my Audio-Technicas have to be made in the west to be authentic too, nevermind the fact that it's Japanese?

Quote:

For example, i know that HD 650 made in Ireland

Sennheiser is German, so how come an Irish produced product under a German marque is 'authentic', but not Chinese under a German marque?

Mar 25, 2007 at 6:58 PM Post #5 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by jmmtn4aj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sennheiser is German, so how come an Irish produced product under a German marque is 'authentic', but not Chinese under a German marque?

Cause Ireland produces the best of everything!
580smile.gif

Mar 25, 2007 at 7:00 PM Post #6 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thelonious Monk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
well, these companies are from Europe, so they manufacture their products in Europe, it's as simple as that!

Grado headphones are made in Brooklyn, on site at Grado headquarters. see: John Grado's 2 story home.

Are we sure they're made in Brooklyn? I mean really really sure?!!

It may not mean anything, but it would be nice if the Grado Pizza Box or even the cans were marked with the country of origin. My MS-1s or MS2i have absolutely no markings on them short of their names.

From the names "Grado "and "Alessandro," I'd have bet they were made in Italy!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Mar 25, 2007 at 7:01 PM Post #7 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by F107plus5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
HD600 made in Ireland also.

....at least my set was.

All 580/600/650s are made in Ireland. Sennheiser's other headphones like the 555 and 595 are made in China. I could care less where the headphones are made as long as they're good quality. Sennheiser seems to have great customer support and quality control: no matter which of their plants the headphones are coming from. Grados are my second favorite headphone brand, and they seem to have an opposite build philosophy. Staying small scale with a handmade type feel: the headphones themselves don't seem machined and can have the quirks of handmade assembly. Who cares, they all sound great
eggosmile.gif

Mar 25, 2007 at 7:02 PM Post #8 of 18
Quote:

Despite a lot of goods are made in Asia nowadays( esp. China) there are still some authentic products.

So headphones produced in Asia are not authentic?
rolleyes.gif

Anyway, I am very pleased with my Stax headphones. Which happens to be produced in Asia (Japan to be precise).

Mar 25, 2007 at 7:03 PM Post #9 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by gritzcolin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
580smile.gif

Well.. they have a pretty funky accent, I'll give em that
tongue.gif

Mar 25, 2007 at 7:06 PM Post #10 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Davesrose /img/forum/go_quote.gif
All 580/600/650s are made in Ireland. Sennheiser's other headphones like the 555 and 595 are made in China. I could care less where the headphones are made as long as they're good quality. Sennheiser seems to have great customer support and quality control: no matter which of their plants the headphones are coming from. Grados are my second favorite headphone brand, and they seem to have an opposite build philosophy. Staying small scale with a handmade type feel: the headphones themselves don't seem machined and can have the quirks of handmade assembly. Who cares, they all sound great
eggosmile.gif

x2

Mar 25, 2007 at 7:06 PM Post #11 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by gritzcolin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
580smile.gif

They do produce some mean headphones and stout beers
smily_headphones1.gif
biggrin.gif
Some other things like gourmet food
redface.gif
biggrin.gif

Mar 25, 2007 at 7:30 PM Post #12 of 18
I don't mean that cans made in Asia are not authentic!! And i talked only about how European companies made their top phones in Europe!
I'm not talking about quality here. The quality of most brand cans is good. But don't you like the fact that your HD 650 were built with some love in mind, not like huge amounts mass-produced cans somewhere in China? Must a talk about cheap labor here? I'm talking about love here...

Mar 25, 2007 at 7:46 PM Post #15 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by smeggy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I know what you mean, I hate my fake Japanese car that was made in the US. I want an authentic one made in Japan.
frown.gif

haha i find it funny that a lot of foreign cars (IE toyota) are made in America and domestic cars are made in foreign countries

Users who are viewing this thread

Back