Headphones in bed
Oct 24, 2007 at 10:19 PM Post #16 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by GlorytheWiz825 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't sleep with my headphones. I do listen to them in bed for a while before I fall asleep. Usually take them off and set them aside when I get sleepy from the music.

With that being the case, I can wear almost any headphone to bed. Just have to make sure I take them off before dozing off.

Exactly what I do.

Oct 24, 2007 at 10:26 PM Post #17 of 29
There's nothing wrong with sleeping with headphones.... just not ones that isolate well, i.e. IEMs.
smily_headphones1.gif
The smoke alarm or screaming kids can still be heard if your headphones don't isolate much.

Oct 25, 2007 at 12:04 AM Post #18 of 29
I use the buds I got with my ZVM. They fit me well and sound pretty decent for stock buds. A plus is I really don't care if I yank the cord or drop them. I tried my E4C but prefer the buds.

Oct 25, 2007 at 2:10 AM Post #20 of 29
I used to use my pk2 to sleep, soon I'll be using pk1. I think that the pk3 would work well for your budget. The housing for the pk line up is the same for all models.

Oct 25, 2007 at 2:11 AM Post #21 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by IPodPJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't understand people. I must be outside of the human race. <shrugs> Common sense is in short supply these days.
(for the 100th time) It is a really bad idea to use IEMs when you are sleeping. Imagine if you lived in my neck of the woods right now and you're house was on fire. Good luck hearing the smoke alarm or your kids screaming for you as your house is burning down.

My wife sleeping next to me would wake me up in case of fire...I hope.
eek.gif
( I have 3 smoke alarms within 6 feet from our bedroom doors).

I actually have no choice if I want to get sleep...she doesn't sleep well and keeps the TV on all night...volume too loud for me...and I never mentioned that she snores so you didn't hear that from me.

Oct 25, 2007 at 4:00 AM Post #22 of 29
ima laugh if one of you guys has the headphones on and your wife asks if you want to make love to her but you cant even hear her and then u missed your chance and she goes to bed.

now what?
wink.gif

Oct 25, 2007 at 4:06 AM Post #23 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by arteom /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I go to sleep quite often with my sennheiser hd-25's. I will usually throw them on the floor [carpet] right before i dose off or wake up just for a second and throw them on the floor, they are durable enough that i dont have to worry about them breaking. also the single sided cable is nice as you have more freedom to roll around and not get wound up in a bunch of cables. a bit off yer price range but worth a mention i think.

I do this also - I want to get some velour pads tho, as the pleather ones get a little sweaty.

Oct 25, 2007 at 5:43 AM Post #24 of 29
There are Headfiers with bed partners? I was starting to worry. My wife HATES leakage. My K81Djs flunked. My ES7s flunked. I can't read and listen, or just listen, while she reads, because my cans leak too much, even at moderate levels. That's why the 271 intrigue me.

Oct 25, 2007 at 5:54 AM Post #25 of 29
I vary between K240M's and K340's, that way I wont fall asleep wearing them, and they're plenty tough if I should ever conk out before i take them off.

Oct 25, 2007 at 6:00 AM Post #26 of 29
Each pair of Livewires is built with special flame-retardant material for our user serial numbers and names, which allows for easy identification by arson investigators. Seriously, it's not a good idea to sleep with Livewires. Your safety is compromised by attenuating so much ambient noise. Your ear canals also will benefit by being allowed to 'breathe' throughout your sleep. Interestingly, many new widows choose to sleep with their hearing aids in after losing the protection of their husbands. It was common in my hearing aid practice to encounter infections of the ear canal in recently widowed women. Men seem to continue normal sleep patterns, regardless of marital staus; snoring, snorting, gas...all the normal stuff.

Oct 25, 2007 at 6:02 AM Post #27 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by GlorytheWiz825 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't sleep with my headphones. I do listen to them in bed for a while before I fall asleep. Usually take them off and set them aside when I get sleepy from the music.

With that being the case, I can wear almost any headphone to bed. Just have to make sure I take them off before dozing off.

Same here!

Talking about sleep, thats what i am gonne do right now, see you guys in about 9 hours!!!
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 25, 2007 at 9:51 AM Post #28 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by Errorist /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Any Livewires owners able to chime in on this?

I've gotten so used to using ear plugs the past week or two I feel I need to replace them with either custom-made ear plugs that I don't have to replace every few days or I might as well use it as a further excuse to order some Livewires. Not that I need one. :p

I travel a lot and often fall asleep with my Livewires as they are so comfortable. I try not to listen to music when I'm in bed as I'm a restless sleeper, and would most probably strangle myself with the cord. Good thing the clip on cables for the Livewires are easily replaced.

I'm able to watch a film on my Clix2 without disturbing my wife when I'm in bed.
etysmile.gif

Oct 26, 2007 at 12:29 AM Post #29 of 29
HEYYYYYYYYYYY

okay one more question, i have two head fi members who offered to sell me their yuins.
pk3 - $30
pk2 - $55

which one should I buy?

[my sources are 1st gen shuffle and zune...
i am not afraid of breaking them during sleep
i will using them in the library and on campus aswell, i think paired up with a shuffle just has such a convenience factor.

thanks you guys

Users who are viewing this thread

Back