Headphones in bed
Oct 24, 2007 at 6:33 AM Post #2 of 29
Creative EP 630, if cheap and IEM`s.
I really felt asleep a few times w/them!

Oct 24, 2007 at 6:35 AM Post #3 of 29
Marshmallow? I don't ever do it, but if I were to, I think I'd do it with these.

Oct 24, 2007 at 6:58 AM Post #4 of 29
EP630s hide well in the ears, but if my music's filled with highs the sibilance hurts my ears.

I'd suggest some good earbuds instead, at the risk of rolling around and damaging your eardrums, unless you are like me and tend to stay in one place throughout the night. After all, they're only for sleeping.

Oct 24, 2007 at 6:59 AM Post #5 of 29
In the iem category, Sennheiser cx300.
Good quality/price ratio, no leak, and they do not 'stick out' from your ear, so if you roll your head, you're not going to push them inside. The Altec Lansing 716 I had before did stick a lot and I was concerned.
Lionel

Oct 24, 2007 at 7:14 AM Post #6 of 29
I go to sleep quite often with my sennheiser hd-25's. I will usually throw them on the floor [carpet] right before i dose off or wake up just for a second and throw them on the floor, they are durable enough that i dont have to worry about them breaking. also the single sided cable is nice as you have more freedom to roll around and not get wound up in a bunch of cables. a bit off yer price range but worth a mention i think.

Oct 24, 2007 at 8:10 AM Post #7 of 29
I like my Yuin PK1s. They're comfy and I don't worry about damaging them or my ears if I fall asleep. The PK3s should fit your budget, though I'll admit I've never heard them.

Oct 24, 2007 at 9:41 AM Post #8 of 29
Philips SHE9500 is what I use. Its an IEM, and does not stick out. I've fallen asleep many times already with it in my ears. No sibilance too. Nice warm sound. Suitable for sleeping IMHO.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 24, 2007 at 11:23 AM Post #9 of 29
pk3 is a better option than ep-630 imo (at least, pk2s are more comfortable for me as compared to ep-630 since the wide/soft pads make much less pressure to the canal while the head is sticked to the pillow)

Oct 24, 2007 at 9:13 PM Post #12 of 29
Any Livewires owners able to chime in on this?

I've gotten so used to using ear plugs the past week or two I feel I need to replace them with either custom-made ear plugs that I don't have to replace every few days or I might as well use it as a further excuse to order some Livewires. Not that I need one. :p

Oct 24, 2007 at 9:52 PM Post #13 of 29
x3 on the Yuin PK3

Oct 24, 2007 at 9:53 PM Post #14 of 29
I don't understand people. I must be outside of the human race. <shrugs> Common sense is in short supply these days.
(for the 100th time) It is a really bad idea to use IEMs when you are sleeping. Imagine if you lived in my neck of the woods right now and you're house was on fire. Good luck hearing the smoke alarm or your kids screaming for you as your house is burning down.

Oct 24, 2007 at 10:11 PM Post #15 of 29
I don't sleep with my headphones. I do listen to them in bed for a while before I fall asleep. Usually take them off and set them aside when I get sleepy from the music.

With that being the case, I can wear almost any headphone to bed. Just have to make sure I take them off before dozing off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back