Headphones for Working Out - Under $20
Dec 31, 2007 at 9:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

aphexii

500+ Head-Fier
I picked up a pair of Nike Flights and while the sound is fine for ultraportable use, they are uncomfortable as they basically lock your head into a single position.

What do you recommend to work out in under $20?

One caveat, I don't like the KSC-75's
smily_headphones1.gif

What about the Marshmellow's? Gummys?

Dec 31, 2007 at 9:40 PM Post #2 of 11
I would stay away from the Marshmallows if you are considering jogging with them, as they actually do isolate quiet a bit more. (than i though they would) Headroom regards the Sennheiser Mx 400 pretty well. I would check that out.

Dec 31, 2007 at 10:11 PM Post #3 of 11
I have the Gumys. The highs can be harsh, and lows are easily drowned out by outside noise, but the mids have some quality to them.

They stay in my ears fine. There are no foam covers; rather, the whole earbud is rubbery. The cord is fair enough quality.

They're definitely great headphones for the $10 that any Wal-Mart sells them for, and you can even get them in fun colors
wink.gif

Dec 31, 2007 at 10:28 PM Post #5 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by nick20 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You're working out for heavens-sake. Just use the original iBuds, and save yourself some money.

Who cares what it sounds like?

Blasphemy!!! Be gone ye servant of the Deceiver!
evil_smiley.gif

Dec 31, 2007 at 10:43 PM Post #7 of 11
Quote:

You're working out for heavens-sake. Just use the original iBuds, and save yourself some money.

Please. There is nothing wrong with wanting better sound quality regardless of what you're doing. I'm sure the majority of users here use their headphones while doing more than just listening to music.

Dec 31, 2007 at 10:46 PM Post #8 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by gastro54 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Please. There is nothing wrong with wanting better sound quality regardless of what you're doing. I'm sure the majority of users here use their headphones while doing more than just listening to music.

Not I.

I bundle up in my big comfy chair, turn on the massage, kick back my feet, put on my sleep mask, and away I go.

I don't read my e-mails, or check the internet. I sit down, and listen to music. A good 2-3 CD's a day does it for me.
smily_headphones1.gif

In reality, how much of a difference are you going to get by spending $20? Come on..

Dec 31, 2007 at 10:52 PM Post #9 of 11
Quote:

In reality, how much of a difference are you going to get by spending $20? Come on..

A big difference. Both the JVC marshmallows and KSC-75s (i know OP didn't like these) are under $20 on amazon and will trounce stock earbuds.

Jan 1, 2008 at 2:19 PM Post #10 of 11
Quote:

The stock buds are horribly uncomfortable, but thanks for the rude response.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back