Headphones for: wide variety of use, comfort, stock performance
May 12, 2013 at 6:44 PM Post #19 of 24
Got everything setup and I'm pretty satisfied with the setup. But honestly, the sound quality sounds on the DT770's are almost identical to a set of Monoprice IEM's I got for free with the amp (thanks TekeRugburn! Great seller).

On a heavy bass song with bass booster on, and EQ set at 2 (max bass), the audio is pretty much poo. Is this supposed to happen?

Also the DT770's were pretty uncomfortable until I bent the metal that pushes the headphones onto your head outward a bit. Makes it a lot more comfortable since there's less pressure applied, but then again I have a huge head...

May 12, 2013 at 7:16 PM Post #20 of 24
Quote:
Got everything setup and I'm pretty satisfied with the setup. But honestly, the sound quality sounds on the DT770's are almost identical to a set of Monoprice IEM's I got for free with the amp (thanks TekeRugburn! Great seller).

On a heavy bass song with bass booster on, and EQ set at 2 (max bass), the audio is pretty much poo. Is this supposed to happen?

Also the DT770's were pretty uncomfortable until I bent the metal that pushes the headphones onto your head outward a bit. Makes it a lot more comfortable since there's less pressure applied, but then again I have a huge head...

What kind of music files are you using? Are they mp3s? And if so, what bit rate are they? Good headphones make low quality music files sound crappy.

May 12, 2013 at 7:42 PM Post #21 of 24

If you bent the headphones so much that they are no longer sealing well on your head, that would definitely mess up the sound.

And what SpiderNhan said about music files. And what kind of source as you using (iPad? HTC One phone? PC laptop?)

May 13, 2013 at 11:38 PM Post #22 of 24
Quote:
What kind of music files are you using? Are they mp3s? And if so, what bit rate are they? Good headphones make low quality music files sound crappy.

For the song I play to test the bass, it's a .m4a, 320 kbps. Audio quality is "very high (lossy)."

Headphones are still making full seal, I only bent them slightly.

Source is my laptop and my iPhone, both do the same thing.

May 14, 2013 at 12:25 AM Post #23 of 24
Like previously mentioned the DT770s are amazingly comfortable. I have worn a pair for like 8 hours in one sitting and didn't even feel them on my head after a while. My ears didn't get hot or they didn't have any pressure on my head. It was fantastic. Great sound quality too.

May 15, 2013 at 5:43 PM Post #24 of 24
Quote:
For the song I play to test the bass, it's a .m4a, 320 kbps. Audio quality is "very high (lossy)."

Headphones are still making full seal, I only bent them slightly.

Source is my laptop and my iPhone, both do the same thing.

Using software EQ can cause distortion, and the DT770's need a little extra power anyways.
Also you may have pinched a cable when you bent them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back