Headphones for use with Fiio E7 DAC with E09K Amplifier
Oct 16, 2013 at 4:39 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

t2k4

New Head-Fier
Hello - I need some expert input / suggestions for purchasing a new pair of cans for use with FiiO E7 DAC mounted on FiiO E09K amplifier.

I've used Sennheiser HD 598 for the past year and half now, and while these provide very good comfort over extended use, the sound reproduction (esp. bass), IMO, is underwhelming. Plus, because of the open nature of this set, a lot of sounds leaks in and out, which gets tiring at times.

The headphones are mostly used to listen to Instrumental (Chopin, Royal Philharmonic etc.) tracks and deliver audio for movies.

I'm flexible on the budget but nothing like Stax or anything in that range; has to be less than $500.

I appreciate your help with this. Thanks.

Oct 16, 2013 at 7:05 AM Post #2 of 4
I'm a huge fan of the M-100's. I use them with my E17 and they sound great. You can get them on amazon for about 300 bucks.

Oct 18, 2013 at 7:51 PM Post #4 of 4
  Hello - I need some expert input / suggestions for purchasing a new pair of cans for use with FiiO E7 DAC mounted on FiiO E09K amplifier.
I've used Sennheiser HD 598 for the past year and half now, and while these provide very good comfort over extended use, the sound reproduction (esp. bass), IMO, is underwhelming. Plus, because of the open nature of this set, a lot of sounds leaks in and out, which gets tiring at times.
The headphones are mostly used to listen to Instrumental (Chopin, Royal Philharmonic etc.) tracks and deliver audio for movies.
I'm flexible on the budget but nothing like Stax or anything in that range; has to be less than $500.

The Audio Technica ATH-A900X closed headphones ($220-$250) should provide more bass and warmth then the HD598s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back