Headphones for tv use?
Dec 17, 2014 at 1:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Blaalad12

100+ Head-Fier
Hi guys. I currently own a pair of he500s which personally i enjoy for movies aswell as music. However, im buying a new tv soon and contemplating buying a new set of headphones. The cable on the he500s isn't long enough and they are also a bit heavy. I'm contemplating the dt 990s as they are seemingly good for movies and look comfortable plus not to expensive (although not sure the cable on them would be long enough either) For movies specifically, would these be an improvement over the he500s or would i be best to save my money and just buy a cheap extension cable for my he500s?

Dec 17, 2014 at 9:43 AM Post #2 of 4
You may as well try the HE500s, I imagine they will be good for any virtual surround SFX and the like. You might find them a bit on the bright side if you're watching action films, with all the bullets and bangs - but the bass on those things should have you jumping out of your seat.

If they're too much I can recommend the DT990s, but don't spend any money yet.

Dec 17, 2014 at 1:49 PM Post #3 of 4
  You may as well try the HE500s, I imagine they will be good for any virtual surround SFX and the like. You might find them a bit on the bright side if you're watching action films, with all the bullets and bangs - but the bass on those things should have you jumping out of your seat.

If they're too much I can recommend the DT990s, but don't spend any money yet.

I already have the he500s and i do enjoy movies on them! I wouldnt say they are amazing! The sound more impressive when listening to music but they are certainly more then fine for movies! The problem is that the cable on them is not going to reach the new tv im buying and they may be a bit uncomfortable if i want to watch a movie from bed! I could probably buy an extension cable but but the dt990's would be better for movies then i wouldnt mind buying them as they look pretty lightweight and comfy and they are reasonably priced 

Dec 18, 2014 at 10:54 AM Post #4 of 4
Ah sorry, I did understand but I think the phone went here and took my attention!

I'd say go with the extension cable idea unless the comfort issue gets bigger - although it's always nice to have a dynamic around if you have a planar headphone. Grado do a very nice quality one at 4.5m long, Perfect for most jobs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back