Headphones for Paramore lover ...
Sep 14, 2009 at 6:15 PM Post #16 of 26
The HD414 pads are soft enough to not cause any significant pain for a prolonged period of time. Other than your ears getting a bit warm, they're they comfiest pads other than the bagels (which are significantly more expensive).

And don't even think about the HD650s unless you're willing to spend a decent home amp. They don't sound good if they're underpowered.

Sep 14, 2009 at 9:47 PM Post #18 of 26
I'm in a similar situation as the OP except my tastes are a bit more varied. My upgrade plan is to pick up a Headroom Micro Amp and a Beyerdynamic DT880 250 ohm or 600 ohm if available. How do Grados compare to the DT880?

Sep 15, 2009 at 5:40 AM Post #19 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by azncookiecutter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The HD414 pads are soft enough to not cause any significant pain for a prolonged period of time. Other than your ears getting a bit warm, they're they comfiest pads other than the bagels (which are significantly more expensive).

And don't even think about the HD650s unless you're willing to spend a decent home amp. They don't sound good if they're underpowered.

About the HD650 with amp... I don't really understand what you're saying, but I'm going to buy a amp for around 400 dollars to my headphones.... proberly tube amp....

Is not Audio Technica ATH-AD1000 any good ?

Sep 15, 2009 at 5:59 AM Post #20 of 26
I would recommend either grados or ultrasone as i love their upfront presentation for this kind of music.

Grados become more comfortable over time like today at work i had my year old SR-80s on all day and barely noticed them while my HF2's are a lot less comfortable...

Sep 15, 2009 at 6:16 AM Post #21 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by abellaw /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would recommend either grados or ultrasone as i love their upfront presentation for this kind of music.

Grados become more comfortable over time like today at work i had my year old SR-80s on all day and barely noticed them while my HF2's are a lot less comfortable...

Ok, I don't know anything about Ultrazone, but Ultrasone HFI-2200 looks really good... Anybody else can comment on theese HD's ?? Anyhow, like I said before, I'm still considering Grados, but as I read around I found that Alessandro MS-2 would be better for me....Just wondering, is MS-2 based on the Grado 325 or 225 ?? and are MS-2 better than 325 ? And witch pads should I buy if I get theese ? HD414 pads or Todd flat pads or something.... I don't like the yellow color I've seen on HD414 pads...
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 15, 2009 at 12:14 PM Post #22 of 26
Haley seems to enjoy the Beyer DT 770 Pros:

ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Sep 15, 2009 at 2:59 PM Post #23 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by phototristan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Haley seems to enjoy the Beyer DT 770 Pros:

ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Great find !!
atsmile.gif
Normally I would just buy those HD's right now, cause everything Hayley use is the best
bigsmile_face.gif
But I don't really like that HP... the curled cable...

If you just could replace the Grado pads with bigger ones so they cover you ear... That would be awesome, and I would have the answer for my problems right away...

Sep 15, 2009 at 5:16 PM Post #24 of 26
Don't think I need any more help here now... thanks for the answers....

The only thing you could help me with would be to tip me if I should get Alessandro MS-2 or Grado SR325is .....

Sep 15, 2009 at 5:21 PM Post #25 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by Acix /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Try the GMP 8.35 D Monitor, or some Ultrasones.

Shocker

Sep 15, 2009 at 5:24 PM Post #26 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by aj-kun /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you listen to paramore, the only headphones you should buy are SKULLCANDIES.

I laughed, but almost agree, haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back