Headphones for Music and Gaming
Jul 31, 2012 at 12:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

midniteboss

New Head-Fier
Im looking to buy a pair of headphones for music and gaming. The headphone not having a mic isnt a problem. 

I've been doing some research myself but I still cant decide which headphone is the best for me. 

Im currently deciding between a pair of Audio Technica's and Sennheiser's. 

I listen to mostly hip hop so I like some bass but not a lot that where I wont be able to hear the details of the music that I am listening to. 

I would like the headphone to have crisp clear sound with some bass so I can enjoy listening to the type of music I like which is hip hop. 

I've been researching mostly about the HD 558s and the audio technica m50. 

If you guys could help me out, that would be great. 
Thanks!!

Jul 31, 2012 at 2:41 PM Post #6 of 8
AKG Q701 with Fiio E17

KRK KNS 8400

DT880

Shure 840 / 940

Others which u might like:

V-Moda M80

Ultrasones

Phillips Uptown?

Jul 31, 2012 at 3:13 PM Post #7 of 8
Quote:
well if u want better bass go with the m50, plus it's better for gaming since it has closed cups. 

This. The M50s have been said to have a good bass, essentially between those and the HD558, you also have to consider whether you want sound isolation or not. The HD558 are open so sound will leak out, but not drastically. If you're leaning towards bass, I'd suggest the Ultrasone HFI 580s simply because it is a basshead can though comfort can be a bit of a problem for some.

Jul 31, 2012 at 3:26 PM Post #8 of 8
Quote:
Im looking to buy a pair of headphones for music and gaming. The headphone not having a mic isnt a problem. 

I've been doing some research myself but I still cant decide which headphone is the best for me. 

Im currently deciding between a pair of Audio Technica's and Sennheiser's. 

I listen to mostly hip hop so I like some bass but not a lot that where I wont be able to hear the details of the music that I am listening to. 

I would like the headphone to have crisp clear sound with some bass so I can enjoy listening to the type of music I like which is hip hop. 

I've been researching mostly about the HD 558s and the audio technica m50. 

What source(s) are you plugging the headphones into?
Computer's on-board sound?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back