Headphones for listening in your coffin
Feb 19, 2002 at 8:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 51

redshifter

High Fidelity Gentility• redrum....I mean redshifter• Pee-pee. Hoo-hoo.• I ♥ Garfield
has anyone else noticed in the ads for the movie "queen of the damned" (vampire film) that lestat pops out of his coffin and is wearing some pretty large headphones? to me they look like the sennheisers that i've seen in recording studios (don't know the model number).

anyway, a coffin would be a pretty good place to use headphones... relaxing, no distractions, good isolation... only that pesky need to feed on the living to disturb you..
eek.gif
do you find this to be true, darkangel?

how many of you would be buried wearing your favorite pair of headphones? what cd would you have them put on repeat before they sealed you in?

Feb 19, 2002 at 8:49 PM Post #2 of 51
You know, I think sitting on a dead person's head in a coffin is the one place that bundled headphones are ideally suited for.

Feb 19, 2002 at 9:01 PM Post #3 of 51
Quote:

You know, I think sitting on a dead person's head in a coffin is the one place that bundled headphones are ideally suited for.

and i thought my post was twisted.
rolleyes.gif

okay, so russ votes for cheap stock headphones and being buried head-to-toe with someone else in his coffin. perhaps with zep's "in my time of dying" playing on repeat.

Feb 19, 2002 at 9:23 PM Post #5 of 51
Quote:

Originally posted by redshifter

and i thought my post was twisted.
rolleyes.gif

okay, so russ votes for cheap stock headphones and being buried head-to-toe with someone else in his coffin. perhaps with zep's "in my time of dying" playing on repeat.

Ah... methinks you interpreted my statement considerably differently than I intended it.
smily_headphones1.gif

I just meant that the cheap headphones bundled with portable players are ideally suited for use on someone who isn't going to know or care how they sound. I never meant to imply that any more than one person would be in the coffin. If that's what you got out of it, then you have a far dirtier/sicker mind than I do...
eek.gif

Edit: To clarify further: It's the headphones that are sitting on the dead person's head; not another person! Wow, I really could have phrased that better...

How about this? "I think a coffin is probably the best place for cheap bundled headphones. The occupant isn't going to complain about the sound quality..."

Feb 19, 2002 at 9:37 PM Post #6 of 51
lol!

i thought you meant you were sitting on a dead guy's head, listening to stock headphones. that's how flasken & i read it anyway. what an image!

good point re: the sound quality of stock headphones: fit for the dead only (or brain dead). but what if the egyptians were right and you were able to take the items you were buried with into the afterlife? would you want to be stuck with stock headphones forever?

i'll have them bury me wearing my er-6 with my cd-1700 over them into a cha 47 into my d-777 playing mozart's great mass on repeat. with extra batteries. and a 24 oz becks. and some northern lights. and my 24 cd holder..

ANYWAY! has anyone seen the ad i was talking about before russ wierded us all out?
wink.gif

Feb 19, 2002 at 10:47 PM Post #7 of 51
That film is going to suck.

Dude, when I die, I'm dead, than and only then will I not care about headphones or music or art or anything else, since I'm dead.

You can do whatever you want with my headphones.

Of course, just as long as I die of natural causes, like OLD AGE
wink.gif

Feb 19, 2002 at 11:23 PM Post #8 of 51
Quote:

You can do whatever you want with my headphones.

can i put them on your corpse backwards and play 'nsync loud enough for everyone to hear?
very_evil_smiley.gif

Feb 20, 2002 at 12:01 AM Post #9 of 51
Quote:

can i put them on your corpse backwards and play 'nsync loud enough for everyone to hear?
very_evil_smiley.gif

Sqeeze them up his butt and fire off that THX Bass Test people were using to exercise their K501's a while back.
rolleyes.gif

I'm wondering. Can I wear my HP890's? or is the coffin too small?

Feb 20, 2002 at 3:09 AM Post #10 of 51
almost a twisted topic.......right down the rickeraptors alley
biggrin.gif

Nothing to do with headphones,but caskets..ah yes..caskets

So I did some contract work for a funeral parlor and curiosity got the best of me.I am standing next to the coolers where they keep the bodies before they do what it is they do to make the dead look presentable and....
Never mind
very_evil_smiley.gif

Feb 20, 2002 at 3:37 AM Post #11 of 51
Okay, according to my life expectancy card, I have some 35 years more (
eek.gif
Only 35? Why? Because I am stressed out? Who the ***** are you calling stressed out you ******** piece or crap card? Give me a ******** break!!!!
mad.gif
I'll tear you apart, you piece of dog doodoo crap, I pee on your mommy's grave piece of ******** carboard!!!) So, okay, probably any cans I own would be antiques by then. Perhaps I'll give them to my kid or something like that. Besides, who needs headphones when you are dead, Jimi Hendrix is in playing in Heaven rigth now!!!
biggrin.gif

Feb 20, 2002 at 3:40 AM Post #12 of 51
Not headphones...I want the speaker system I have now so I can bother my neighbours even when Im dead
biggrin.gif

Feb 20, 2002 at 3:42 AM Post #13 of 51
Quote:

redshifter said...

very_evil_smiley.gif

What, you want more dead bodies?
eek.gif
wink.gif

Feb 20, 2002 at 4:07 AM Post #14 of 51
Quote:

...i thought you meant you were sitting on a dead guy's head, listening to stock headphones. that's how flasken & i read it anyway...

Misinterpretation #2 -- I don't think flasken misinterpreted it, I think he was arguing with the thought of spending the rest of eternity with bundled headphones. As would I.

W2002's*. Hey, I'm not going to hear them in this life, might as well take a pair with me.

* Note the use of apostrophe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back