headphones for kids?
Apr 8, 2005 at 10:22 PM Post #16 of 20
D66 Eggo's are a good suggestion - they're small, light, and comfy. Sound is pretty good - supposedly. I haven't heard them, but they have quite a following on head-fi, and that says something
cool.gif

Canalphones might not be too uncomfortable with foam tips. Future Sonics IE3 with the small Ety foamies will be ideal, and not too expensive. The only problem would be volume - canalphones can get pretty loud, and the IE3 has very good bass, so they'd want to turn them up - and you really can't tell how loud it is that they'll be listening to them to. They'll also need to get the hang of inserting them properly, although with the foamies, that won't be hard at all. Given practicality considerations, they should be a good option.

The Senn HD25-1 will be a great choice, if a little expensive. Not too big, excellent sound, easy to drive, and decently isolating. They're supra-aural, but are still pretty comfortable. These will be headphones that they'll keep for a long, long time.

Apr 9, 2005 at 5:06 AM Post #17 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by VicAjax
just NC circuitry, as far as i'm aware. it's power hungry, but the ipod drove it to comfortable volumes at about 80-85%. actually, this may be a good thing, as it will limit the levels at which the children in question might listen.

I was thinking the same thing. High impedance cans could be the way to go to protect against the volume problem. Of course, that will drive up costs.

Apr 9, 2005 at 8:05 AM Post #18 of 20
If I had kids I'd gettem the KOSS KSC-55s. They're cheap, durable, and sound pretty dang sweet. Also they arn't harsh and have loads of bass, stuff kids love. Also I know when I was a kid I wouldn’t be caught dead wearing a full sized can. I was attracted to the stylish small cans, another reason to get the KSC-55s.

Apr 9, 2005 at 2:39 PM Post #20 of 20
What is it with the D66 ? Searching revealed that this headphone offers little isolation, they can be modded to offer a little more isolation, but then there would be better alternatives that still isolate more.
If that wasn't enough - the bass isn't attenuated at all, so it would be completely bass-less on a plane.

Rethinking i would second Oddball's suggestion. That would be quite spot-on. The cheaper PXC-150 offers a similar design with active noise cancellation too if the PXC-250 gets too expensive
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back