Headphones for home purpose, price to 150 $
May 16, 2008 at 11:48 PM Post #16 of 21
Darned MS-1 with the Yeller Pads was the Gateway Drug for me.
redface.gif

May 17, 2008 at 12:02 AM Post #17 of 21
x 3 the AD700's!

They sound similar to Grado's in that they are slightly on the brighter side and are really punchy. They differ in that they have a never ending soundstage and are EXTREMELY comfortable.

The only thing they lack is bass.

May 17, 2008 at 12:20 PM Post #18 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by fraseyboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
x 3 the AD700's!

They sound similar to Grado's in that they are slightly on the brighter side and are really punchy. They differ in that they have a never ending soundstage and are EXTREMELY comfortable.

The only thing they lack is bass.

Oh the AD700s have bass. What they don't have enough of is punch in the nether regions. I found that that problem has a lot to do with the loose fit. A tighter seal will increase the bass punch some - though probably not enough for bassheads. But since the AD700s will never have that seal you'll either find their bass good enough or not. It'll come down to personal choice.

May 17, 2008 at 2:29 PM Post #19 of 21
After all all your advices, I would probbably take the AD700. It seems to be the better choice for me than grado, especially in terms of comfort.

I hope, wouldn't dissapoint with lack of bass, that some of you expierienced. However I am not a basshead, so it should be OK.

Jun 10, 2008 at 5:55 AM Post #20 of 21
Ive also got the MS-1, I generally preffer the AD700 for what I listen to. In my opinion the ms-1 has good bass punch but it is no deeper than the AD700. I think the soundstage more than makes up for the apparant lack of bass aswell.
and the comfort, oh the comfort even on my skinny head

Jun 10, 2008 at 6:02 AM Post #21 of 21
Personally don't think Sennheiser is that great for rock. I will vote for Grado.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back