Headphones for Girlfriend - 150 dolar
May 4, 2009 at 3:16 PM Post #16 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tidus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
a cheapish amp?tell me
smily_headphones1.gif
))
k701smile.gif

Oh, I'd just been thinking that, with a $150 budget, you could use the money left over from an SR60i to get a portable amp, like a Fiio E5 (I don't know portable amps too well, just remembering one that comes up a lot and doesn't cost too much). Your budget's probably too low for a full-sized amp...I suppose a Zero might just fit, but the shipping cost would probably put it over budget.

May 4, 2009 at 8:22 PM Post #18 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tidus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
... full-sized headphones ... nice design indeed ... without amplifier...

Have you considered DT770PROs (or HD280s)?
DT770PROs can fit budget, sound quality and design all in one; e.g.:
Beyerdynamic DT770 PRO | SALE Now On!

May 4, 2009 at 9:51 PM Post #19 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by martinq /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Have you considered DT770PROs (or HD280s)?
DT770PROs can fit budget, sound quality and design all in one; e.g.:
Beyerdynamic DT770 PRO | SALE Now On!

The only catagory the DT770 is good for would be electronica, and it's a hell of a good one for it. Try any track by Daft Punk or The Prodigy on them and you'll be wowed.

As for my suggestion? Koss KSC75 Kramer modded (Runs for $20 and it's great for rock) along with a Denon D1001 (Less than $100 and it's good for electronica)... Maybe fit in an amp?

May 5, 2009 at 4:25 AM Post #21 of 49
Hmmm there are alot of great suggestions in this thread. Me personally, I would recommend the new Shures that are coming out OR the Audio Technica ES-7. I have a pair of ES-7's and I can tell you they are the best for those genres with NO amp. They also look really good so she can where them in public! I get alot of complements for just hanging them around my neck! The only problem I have with them is that they don't isoloate as much as I would want then to, but with the music I'm playing and the volume i'm playing at, they aren't really a problem!

May 5, 2009 at 5:37 AM Post #22 of 49
Sennheiser HD595. Mine are four years old or something and EVERYONE who hears them are amazed. Also most comfortable headphones EVER. Still sound great without an amp. There is no way she would not be happy.

May 5, 2009 at 6:12 AM Post #23 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by .coco /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do you know if she would be cool with open headphones?

Ye she wants open headphones
smily_headphones1.gif
)but i buy and it will be suprise
smily_headphones1.gif
)

May 5, 2009 at 1:21 PM Post #24 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by spinneresque /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sennheiser HD595.

If you want your girlfriend to fall asleep while listening to rock and emo... OK.

I would suggest Alessandro MS1, too.

Regards,
Jonas

May 5, 2009 at 1:25 PM Post #25 of 49
Suggestion for a headphone that doesnt mess up the hair is a great one, but I think the gift of beautiful sound is an even greater one. Regardless, im sure she'd be happy with anything, but the clipon(?) ATHs look great on women (although I cant comment on their sound)
redface.gif

as for the 770 not needing an amp, you need a decent soundcard or a dedicated amp of some kind even with the 80 ohms. Otherwise you will get all sorts of distortion or it will just sound plain bad imo... A warm amp works particularly well to help those mids...
if you were to go by what she listens to I think you are probably looking at a grado phone but I cant personally comment on the sound - only how well they are regarded here... although an AD700 is purple and sounds good on electronica (not so much on rock/emo).
To be honest, shes probably going to be happy with the sound of any headphone recomended here if she is unfamiliar with sound above low-fi. Let your instinct choose (both from a sonic and aesthetic perspective).

May 5, 2009 at 1:37 PM Post #26 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by jsaliga /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For a minute there I thought the OP was looking to trade his girlfriend for a pair of headphones.
biggrin.gif

--Jerome

same here. would need some pics and description of the condition she is in, how many hours use etc
tongue.gif

May 5, 2009 at 2:18 PM Post #27 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jo-Vo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you want your girlfriend to fall asleep while listening to rock and emo... OK.

I would suggest Alessandro MS1, too.

Regards,
Jonas

But i cant find the dealer in Europe
smily_headphones1.gif
so only USA....to bad from em cause i want avoid taxes....
dt880smile.png

May 6, 2009 at 12:24 AM Post #28 of 49
My daughter likes her Grado SR80's - a lot.
She's eighteen. You may want to consider them.

May 6, 2009 at 1:16 AM Post #29 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jo-Vo /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Or if she absolutely does not want to hear an iota of bass..

MS-1 is a good choice, or the upgraded SR125. For $150, the Goldring DR150 is also worthy of consideration.

May 6, 2009 at 2:36 AM Post #30 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by Carlsan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My daughter likes her Grado SR80's - a lot.
She's eighteen. You may want to consider them.

+1 for the SR80's!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back