Headphones for gaming plus an amp.
Dec 8, 2001 at 7:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Shen

New Head-Fier
The headphone that I use so far for gaming is the Koss R-20 ~25$ and can't deliver the impact and bass that I need. The pair of headphones that I am looking for need to be closed as to not to disturb anyone in the room and provide good isolation. Of course can be able to crank out loads of bass. Should also be <300$, and will mostly likely need an amp, since I would be plugging them into my audigy soundcard. The amp's price can be anywhere up to 1k, any suggestions?

Dec 8, 2001 at 10:00 PM Post #2 of 13
I would suggest saving some money and getting the Sony MDR-V6 ($70). These will put out all the bass you need
wink.gif
They're also closed, and work well for games.

Dec 8, 2001 at 10:55 PM Post #4 of 13
Quote:

Get the Beyerdynamic DT831's and the highest end amp from Headphone.com that you want!

wow, jumping from $20 phones to the DT831/Maxed combo would be quite a leap.
smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

I wonder if Shen you are serious about this or not.

Dec 8, 2001 at 11:42 PM Post #5 of 13
R-10 and MAX!
lol

ne ways I think what you want is the v6

for gaming it's pretty slick
why?
deep bass impact

and it's higher mid level will give you details for gaming quite well

p.s. buy beyer pads

the best investment in headphones I think i have ever done

well
again
I really hate having wet sloppy ears
feels like my ears were having wet farts

Dec 8, 2001 at 11:51 PM Post #6 of 13
The V6 is usually my standard recommendation for such a situation, but w/ such a nice budget, it might make sense to also look at the Beyer 250-250s and Corda amp. They've been described as somewhat darker and more musical than the V6s, and those attributes seem like a good match w/ a soundcard for the source.

Dec 9, 2001 at 5:02 AM Post #7 of 13
Well, so far the v6 headphone seems like the obvious choice in this case, but would I need an amp to go along with it since I'm only hooking the headphone to a soundcard. The other choice, I believe, would be to spend alot more and get something like the Beyer DT831 with a maxed out. Or maybe something a little cheaper with the DT770 and a home. Headroom says that you would certainly need an amp with the more expensive headphones and that the best headphone for gaming would be the Beyer 250-80. As you know the only experience with headphones I have had was a cheap headphone easliy driven by almost anything so I don't know if this is true or not. I wouldn't mind going with the 831 combo yet having to ship it to and from Headroom would cost me if I'm not satisfied. The question so far is going from the v6 (and an amp if needed) to the beyer/max be that much better for gaming?

Dec 9, 2001 at 7:30 AM Post #9 of 13
I would say the V6es with a nice Porta Corda wired with 3 9v batteries
smily_headphones1.gif

And man, you need to realize that more bass isn't exaclty better. You are going to kill your ears with these things.

Quote:

The V6 is usually my standard recommendation for such a situation, but w/ such a nice budget, it might make sense to also look at the Beyer 250-250s and Corda amp. They've been described as somewhat darker and more musical than the V6s, and those attributes seem like a good match w/ a soundcard for the source.

But I don't think musicality means anything to someone who is apprently only looking for loads and loads of bass. I think he just wants to hear loads and loads of bass.

Dec 9, 2001 at 9:30 AM Post #10 of 13
u want loads of bass

Technics RP-1200

go try those out

they are krazy
punchy tight
but over mid-bassed
but still pretty deep

just warm sound though

I dunno
it's SUPER BASSY

Dec 9, 2001 at 1:20 PM Post #11 of 13
So, for a max budget of $1300 in total

Does merc need his cans to sound good for music too?

I mean, if he wants to spend max $1300 on phones for *nothing but gaming*, he must be filthy rich
angryfire.gif

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Dec 9, 2001 at 3:47 PM Post #12 of 13
Quote:

Xevion said...

But I don't think musicality means anything to someone who is apprently only looking for loads and loads of bass. I think he just wants to hear loads and loads of bass.

So? W/ either choice, he'd be getting loads & loads of bass. And since he needs an amp anyways, this seems like a natural combination.

Dec 10, 2001 at 12:00 AM Post #13 of 13
So the Beyer 250s are on par/better then the V6s when it comes to bass? I should start finding some of these headphones to listen to and compare so I know what I am talking about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back