Headphones for gaming and music for around 200$
May 20, 2012 at 4:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

mrkingdomhearts

100+ Head-Fier
Hey so so far i bought 2 headsets in the past the turtle beach PX21 and the steelseries siberia V2, both of them broke sadly but i still have the steelseries cross platform audio mixer so i can play any headphone on consoles.
I don't know if they will get better but today i got the sony XB300 and i'm not likeing the that much to me while the bass is good everything else sounds muffled i guess,also they arn't that comffy though it's my first supra aural headphone,i might return them tomorrow so i want to know what headphones i should get now.
To start with i don't care about hearing footsteps or stuff like that i don't really play multiplayer games anymore, i also don't care about a mic for the same reasons.
The most important thing for me is ether a really strong wire so it dose not short out or better yet a detachable wire like my buddys pair of beats.
I'm going to use them for single player games and music mostly rock or metal like bullet for my valentine and silent civilian.
Right now i'm looking the HD 558 headphones how are those for my needs?
God i think this is the longest post i ever did lol.

May 20, 2012 at 4:37 AM Post #2 of 22
HD558s are good for gaming.  I think they're cable detaches as well.  They may sound a little boring with rock and metal.

Check out this thread too > http://www.head-fi.org/t/534479/mad-lust-envys-headphone-gaming-guide-updated-5-9-2012-he-4-and-dt990-pro-added

May 20, 2012 at 1:04 PM Post #3 of 22
Quote:
Hey so so far i bought 2 headsets in the past the turtle beach PX21 and the steelseries siberia V2, both of them broke sadly but i still have the steelseries cross platform audio mixer so i can play any headphone on consoles.
I don't know if they will get better but today i got the sony XB300 and i'm not likeing the that much to me while the bass is good everything else sounds muffled i guess,also they arn't that comffy though it's my first supra aural headphone,i might return them tomorrow so i want to know what headphones i should get now.
To start with i don't care about hearing footsteps or stuff like that i don't really play multiplayer games anymore, i also don't care about a mic for the same reasons.
The most important thing for me is ether a really strong wire so it dose not short out or better yet a detachable wire like my buddys pair of beats.
I'm going to use them for single player games and music mostly rock or metal like bullet for my valentine and silent civilian.
Right now i'm looking the HD 558 headphones how are those for my needs?
God i think this is the longest post i ever did lol.

The HD558s are a good all around headphone, but are not heavy bass, bass is only decent.

May 20, 2012 at 2:43 PM Post #4 of 22
The Denon D2000 are very good sounding closed back headphones with deep punchy bass, crisp clear, mids highs and wide soundstage(highly recommended). The other headphones like Sony ZX700, V-Moda M80, HD598, DT990 are also great for gaming and music.

May 20, 2012 at 2:52 PM Post #5 of 22
i actually use my jvc rx700's for gaming, after burn in they're pretty good all arounders, i used to use my xb500's which are still pretty good for the price but they're bass heavy and closed, explosions and crap sound awesome in battlefield but games where i want to hear details (journey) or listen to speech while there's a crapload of stuff going on in the background, they kind of suck, muffled is a good description of the sound

i used k601's for a while and while they're awesome in imaging and soundstage they ******* suck for explosions and overall bass impact

the jvc's are only 30 dollars and for gaming purposes they give you about 150 dollars worth of value, they're comfortable as hell (especially after the foam mod) they're semi open so you get decent 3d imaging (still not as good as a full open can) and highs mids and lows are all well represented, so that gets my vote

May 20, 2012 at 3:32 PM Post #7 of 22
Quote:

[size=1.7em] Samson SR850 for gaming? or the CAD Audio MH310? Looking for something with a little more detail than the htf 600[/size]

I have owned the htf600 and currently own the mh310. The mh310 has much better sound quality, construction, and isolation.. They make my midrange heavy hd595 sound like a toy which is stupid considering the price. The drawbacks are it's large size and comfort which is not great although the pads on the htf600 were a little small for me so I didn't think they were very comfortable either. I have been listening to the mh310 for a couple of hours today and it's time for a rest.

May 20, 2012 at 3:35 PM Post #8 of 22
Quote:

I have owned the htf600 and currently own the mh310. The mh310 has much better sound quality, construction, and isolation.. They make my midrange heavy hd595 sound like a toy which is stupid considering the price. The drawbacks are it's large size and comfort which is not great although the pads on the htf600 were a little small for me so I didn't think they were very comfortable either. I have been listening to the mh310 for a couple of hours today and it's time for a rest.

Thanks for the response. I didn't even mean to post that here. Anyways I think I may give them a go. You can buy velour pads for them as well I hear.

May 20, 2012 at 3:53 PM Post #9 of 22
Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 80 are considered some of the best cans in the $200 segment for music and gaming, I have them and the have great sub bass (deep bass that you feel) mids are a little recessed though but nowhere near the levels people will lead you to believe...also if you do the blue tac mod bass tightens up a little and mids become more forward and soundstage becomes even wider! 

I love rock on these (30 seconds to mars etc) although I dont really listen to that much of it though 

They are built like an absolute tank aswell so no worries there, I toss mine around all the time and not even a scratch LOL

Also check out the last few pages on this thread looks like a new best budget basshead can has appeared (by budget I mean £35!) post 296 onwards http://www.head-fi.org/t/541654/denon-dn-hp700-review-and-comparison-to-the-ah-d7000/285

I am very tempted to get these! A few moe people have them on order so it may pay off to wait and see what they think!

May 20, 2012 at 5:53 PM Post #10 of 22
The Beyerdynamic look's pretty good but i want to know 3 things, are they worth the price compared to the other headphones that are listed, and how durable is the wire because like i said i have abit of bad luck with them shorting out.
Also how comfy are they?
The V2's that i used to wore felt pretty nice though my ears did get a little hot but nothing major.

May 20, 2012 at 7:14 PM Post #11 of 22
Quote:
The Beyerdynamic look's pretty good but i want to know 3 things, are they worth the price compared to the other headphones that are listed, and how durable is the wire because like i said i have abit of bad luck with them shorting out.
Also how comfy are they?
The V2's that i used to wore felt pretty nice though my ears did get a little hot but nothing major.

The Beyer DT770 are a solid build and I find them comfortable.

May 20, 2012 at 7:29 PM Post #13 of 22
So far it's between the HD558's and the beyerdynamic dt 770 pro for me.
On one hand the detachable wire is a huge plus for me on the HD558's, but i hear great things about the beyerdynamic headphones.

May 20, 2012 at 7:31 PM Post #14 of 22
I have run over the wire with a chair numerous times etc...you will have zero issues with the build, they are designed for studio use and are quite literal tanks, I think i saw a video where someone rand over then in a car and they still worked LOL 

On a more serious note they are worth every penny and SQ is brilliant as is comfort 

May 20, 2012 at 7:57 PM Post #15 of 22
You sold me when you ran them over with the chair and they still worked.
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back