Headphones for electronic listening music..
May 11, 2007 at 8:25 PM Post #32 of 41
confused.gif

May 11, 2007 at 9:14 PM Post #33 of 41
i use my proline 750's for everything i listen to, and when i was testing headphones, all i was testing with was drum and bass and house music, and a few daft punk tracks. i am very satisfied with my PL750 performance on these genres, but not so much with blues/smooth jazz. im looking into a pair of K701's or recently i got DT440's on my mind for these other genres.

May 11, 2007 at 9:22 PM Post #35 of 41
My favorite headphone below $300, for electronic music listening, are the Stax Lambda Pro.
lambda.gif

May 12, 2007 at 3:13 AM Post #39 of 41
Beyer DT770, DT880, AKG K81DJ, Equation RP-21, Senn HD25-1

May 12, 2007 at 8:39 AM Post #40 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by warrior05 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Blasphemy!!!!! Not to mention totally untrue! Uh... okay... maybe... with therapy. I just can't fathom this. One pair of...? Nah! Impossible! Really? No... you're joking right? Egads! The mere thought just... no no... I refuse to even entertain this ridiculous notion!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Forgive me, brother, that wasn't me, my wife must have misused my account...
wink.gif

May 12, 2007 at 9:10 AM Post #41 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by Autechresaint /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Question, how many of you end up buying different pairs of headphones for different styles of music?

Is it unreasonable of me to expect to find one nice pair of headphones to be good for both bass and crisp/precise sound?

A bass sound, that is reproduced crisp and precised through headphones, sounds thin to our ears. Thats because we normaly hear bass sounds with our whole body down to our bones. With headphones you just have your ears and are missing something in the sound.

The bass-heavy headphones don´t have only more bass because they emphases the amplitude of the bass. They also smear the bass in the length. In that way we hear more bass, but i really dislike this sound for electronic music.

The only solution would be to combine precise headphones like the AKG K-701 (or the cheaper DT880) with a subwoofer in front of your belly. But it would be hard to let the subwoofer and your headphones play in sync.-(

I just listen to my K-701 and don´t miss the bass anymore. I still like the bass very much if i´m dancing. But for home listening i´m more intrested in detailed sound and electronic music really deserves it.

My bass-heavy headphones are only two in-ears. And even the Shure SE530 sound to muddy for me, if i use them for music with a lot of bass and bass-drum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back