Headphones for Drumming?
Oct 22, 2012 at 12:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

voz6

New Head-Fier
What do you recommend for over ears to use with my electronic drumkit?

To set the scene I have a Roland td-9 drumkit and play along to music. I am looking for some high end headphones (preferably over ear) which will handle a lot of base without distortion. They also need to have good mid and treble response for playing music. It is also worth noting they will be driven by either a small headamp4 or a wharfedale 802 mixer.

So far I have tried beyer dt770 pro 80 ohm which couldn't handle the bass as well as my cheap pair. Also tried monster ntune which handle bass fine but the mid and treble are muffled. Starting to struggle for ideas now . . .

Oct 22, 2012 at 2:16 PM Post #2 of 3
I'm tempted to say that you have insufficient amping power for the DT770, but if they don't sound right even off the Warfedale mixer, then I don't know... the DT770 already have exaggerated bass. If you need more, maybe consider the Audio Technica Pro700mk2, Ultrasone HFi580 or Pro750 or Pro900.

Oct 22, 2012 at 3:00 PM Post #3 of 3
When I think of drummers, the first recommendations that come to mind are the Beyerdynamic Dt1350 and senn 25-1ii/Amperior. The split headband design really feels secure so you're free to do all the headbanging you want. They  have good low-end punch to boot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back