Headphones for drumming help.
Jan 14, 2012 at 1:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

asur2011

New Head-Fier
I need some help choosing headphones for drumming. They need to have good sound isolation so i won't need to turn up the music so loud and damage my hearing. I would much prefer over ear as i wont have issues with fit, even though in ears might be the best option. Obviously i would prefer the best sound quality i can get as well, but it is not the most important thing. My budget is £60 or less. Thanks in advance!

Jan 14, 2012 at 1:40 PM Post #2 of 10
I realise this is over budget but you may want to look into trying to find a used Beyer DT770M  as they are specifically designed for your purpose.  As a UK forum user you may want to try contacting DV247 and see if they have an ex-display version.  Hope this is not out of forums rules but wanted to link specifically to a supplier for this product, apologies admins if not allowed.

http://www.dv247.com/headphones/beyerdynamic-dt-770-m-closed-diffuse-field-monitoring-headphones-80-ohm--23851

Hope that is of some use to you, I realise its not a specific answer, details of all the UK stores should be on the front page if you wanted to call them.  I have no association with this company but have used them as a supplier.

Jan 14, 2012 at 1:49 PM Post #3 of 10
have you considered IEMs? at 60 gbp or less, iem's will provide the BEST isolation, and BEST sound quality for that price range. also, most musicians use IEMs in concert.

Jan 14, 2012 at 1:55 PM Post #4 of 10
If you want best isolation then iems. As for fit you can get custom tips. 

If you want over ear, look at the Sennheiser HD-25-1 II. The split headband will keep it on your head and they isolate very well.

Jan 14, 2012 at 3:36 PM Post #6 of 10
There is a forum for IEMs here.  Not berrating, but you may get better responses there since that's where most of the information on IEMs reside.  Also check earphonesolutions.com for reviews and products and prices.

Jan 14, 2012 at 4:03 PM Post #7 of 10
Vic Firth SIH1, specifically designed for this purpose, and made from headphones originally used by air traffic controllers.  I haven't tried many of the IEMs, but I can tell you that these isolate a whole lot better than even circumaurals known for isolation like the DT-770 or HFI-780. 

Jan 14, 2012 at 4:20 PM Post #8 of 10

Quote:
Thanks so much for the quick replies. Would you be able to recommend some iem's then for roughly £50

I'm a fan of shure. They have really quality products and carry a 5? Year warranty. I would get whatever you can afford from them. I own the old e4c and se530. No complaints. 

Shure se215 goes for 73gbp on amazon, that's what I would recommend. That's a little more than your budget but it's a good product 

As others have said, try the iem section. 

Jan 15, 2012 at 4:44 AM Post #10 of 10

Users who are viewing this thread

Back