Headphones For A Rap Lover
Apr 24, 2009 at 2:34 AM Post #16 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by hydrocyanic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
about time for MONSTER experience!
(if you don't catch it, don't bother, :p)

Yes I have been working on Ronnie about the Turbine's hehe, or are you refering to the Dr. Beats? LOL I think he should gather all his pennies together and buy the Turbines from Future Shop, if he doesn't like them him can take them back and get something else. Way better than buying a small amp and then limiting himself to a cheaper headset. Thats assuming he changes his mind about IEM's versus over the head headphones.

Apr 24, 2009 at 2:36 AM Post #17 of 38
Hip-Hop would usually call for some high bass with clear sounds. I would recommend the Monster Turbine but GL, finding a decent price in store.

Apr 24, 2009 at 2:37 AM Post #18 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by dweaver /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes I have been working on Ronnie about the Turbine's hehe, or are you refering to the Dr. Beats? LOL I think he should gather all his pennies together and buy the Turbines from Future Shop, if he doesn't like them him can take them back and get something else. Way better than buying a small amp and then limiting himself to a cheaper headset. Thats assuming he changes his mind about IEM's versus over the head headphones.

Well I actually have a friend that would sell me them for around $200, brand new in box, but after hearing what forums had to say about them, I decided to stay away.

I am open to second hand to, but just make sure you are able to ship to Canada.

Apr 24, 2009 at 2:38 AM Post #19 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by dC0m /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hip-Hop would usually call for some high bass with clear sounds. I would recommend the Monster Turbine but GL, finding a decent price in store.

Actually $180CAN is not to bad for instore pricing when you take into account the ability to return the items withouit any shipping costs. This price is about the same as $150US which is their usual price aside from MacMall. But I do agree they would be great phones for listening pleasure.

Apr 24, 2009 at 2:42 AM Post #21 of 38
Ronnie read the whole Turbine appreciation thread. They are much better than the reputation of Monster. I almost didn't get them initially then started to read around. They are very nice IEM's for the price. I do see them sold in the sale forum here used, and my experience with that forum has been pretty positive so far. But if you have the money available buy them at FS, even if all you do is give them a listen and then take them back and get a refund. It will help you decide if they are what your looking for.

Apr 24, 2009 at 2:48 AM Post #22 of 38
The Cresyn HP600 I told you about are supposed to sound like the ATH A700 phones. I do know from experience that they have geat bass and quite decent highs but a fairly recessed midrange (the singers always sounded distant to me). I believe the AD700 are the ATH Open design vs the closed design of the A700. This means they are more natural sounding or so I am told but I believe they may have the same midrange issue. But I do have to admit I do not have any direct experience to know for sure other than what I have used. Having said all that the bass was pretty damned impressive in my Cresyn's...

Apr 24, 2009 at 3:02 AM Post #23 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by dweaver /img/forum/go_quote.gif

yeah, besides talking about turbine/beats tour/beats(that's $350ouch), i was also referring to the cheap shot they had with the monster difference on HDMI cables where they had the other screen hooked to normal A/V cable :p

Apr 24, 2009 at 3:55 AM Post #25 of 38
Hold on, you can't talk about my boy ROSSSSS like that! I would strongly recommend the Monster Turbines though! Great bass and mid range with smooth highs, also made of metal not plastic. Pick up Jadakiss new album with it cuz its FIRE!

Apr 24, 2009 at 3:57 AM Post #26 of 38
Well since you seem to know some rap, what would you suggest besides the turbines?

Ross' third was a flop, he's nothing without another artist making the hook

Jadas really nice, Slim thug was alright

Apr 24, 2009 at 3:59 AM Post #27 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by ronnieb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f10/fs...canada-421225/

Would this pair be any good? Nicely priced too.

AD700 most likely won't give you the bass feedback that one would crave from Rap. I got one on the way soon but it's to become my fulltime gaming cans, but it's known strengths are balance and soundstage.

D1001 is usually a safe bet in this category
wink.gif

Apr 24, 2009 at 4:39 AM Post #28 of 38
I would suggest listening to the monster beats tour as well as the turbines. I haven't heard them but they are essentially tuned for rap music, and if they are built as well as the turbines, they may be the best choice.

Apr 24, 2009 at 4:48 AM Post #29 of 38
just to chime in on the rap talk...

-The new RAWSE is not good. It's sloppy, rushed and yeah the hooks are meh.
-New Jada is good, but dude still can't release a solid solo album, too much radio stuff. He said wait for the new LOX and D-Block, supposedly no soft radio joints, just that good street rappin.
-New Slim Thuggy is half good, need to get aobut 6 songs in. Welcome To Houston is fire.
-New Gorilla Zoe has some quality on there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back