Call me old school, but that's just me.
tongue.gif

Apr 24, 2009 at 2:02 PM Post #32 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by K_19 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
To me rap died in circa 2000 or so.

Call me old school, but that's just me.
tongue.gif

agreed. i miss the early works of nas and az, mos def's mind blowing metaphor, black thoughts' flawless flow with the roots crew, j dilla and premier's smooth beats, damn list goes on for the golden age. nowadays when i listen to the artists op has mentioned it makes me feel immature because their lyrics are so dumbed down. there's a reason why today's rap is hated so much..not so much for the 90's east coast. that was the peak of all hip-hop.

as for the headphone, it's a no brainer for a hip-hop fan. you'll love the bass on these cans
Amazon.com: Sennheiser HD-212 Headphones (Silver): Electronics

but i agree with others. monster turbine would be a top choice imo.

Apr 25, 2009 at 3:31 AM Post #34 of 38
I like Game just as much as the next guy but to say hip hop belongs to the west because of one artist is just not right. I do believe hip hop is where it rightfully belongs.....THE SOUTH!!!! T.I., Wayne, Chamillionaire, Ross, UGK (R.I.P. PIMP C), etc. It just doesn't get any more lyrical than that. The east has alot of talented artists as well too.

Apr 25, 2009 at 10:24 PM Post #35 of 38
Well I don't like considering Atlanta to be part of the south, even though it is :p

T.I. is the king of the game right now I believe, with Lil' wayne being way too overhyped.

There's a lot of talent coming out of the west recently. Only thing coming out of Bankhead recently is Shawty "Joke"

Apr 27, 2009 at 1:42 PM Post #37 of 38
have any of you ever heard french or english rap? damn good stuff. again, plugging mc solaar and faithless - they could run circles around the uneducated one-language only rappers from the south in america for sure.

but i don't really care for too much bass in my rap. it could just be that bass is not a big focus in the rap i listen to but rather speed. anyway, i think the q jays is wonderful, the turbine is great - any phone really that is clear get not bass anemic.

Apr 28, 2009 at 12:16 AM Post #38 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by shigzeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
have any of you ever heard french or english rap? damn good stuff. again, plugging mc solaar and faithless - they could run circles around the uneducated one-language only rappers from the south in america for sure.

but i don't really care for too much bass in my rap. it could just be that bass is not a big focus in the rap i listen to but rather speed. anyway, i think the q jays is wonderful, the turbine is great - any phone really that is clear get not bass anemic.

I have a friend down in Paris that sends me a few songs every once in a while, pretty talented guys over.

I just need to find a good pair of headphones to use when my zune comes back from repair and my fiio arrives in the mail
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back