Headphones.com is giving away a pair of Creative Aurvana Lives: Tell us about the best live show you've ever seen
Oct 28, 2011 at 12:56 AM Post #62 of 78
I think my first concert I ever went to was my most memorable and by far the best. I went to go see a Gogol Bordello show in Ventura, Ca. I was a long time fan and this was my first chance to go see them, so I was extremely excited. Me and my brother drove down to the concert from our home in Bakersfield and when we arrived we could barely contain ourselves. The show was simply fantastic. The energy was uncontrollable and we were loving it. We danced the night away and when it was finally over, we had a memory that would last us forever. The ride back was serene and peaceful and was a perfect way to end the night. 

Oct 28, 2011 at 1:06 AM Post #63 of 78
My best concert by far was seeing The Robert Cray Band play at a Jazz & Blues festival about 10 years ago. The weather was perfect, 1st time in my life that I've heard an artist live that sounded better than the record.

Oct 28, 2011 at 2:14 AM Post #64 of 78
Easy, Godsmack!  Just happened in Vegas during Canjam.  What happened in Vegas that weekend should definitely not stay in Vegas!  Everyone should experience that.  The music and performance coupled w/ my Hugo Boss sunglasses getting crushed in my pockets by the pit was just full of WIN!!  

See example:

Oct 28, 2011 at 4:48 PM Post #65 of 78
Tori Amos at the now defunct "Lumberyard" venue here in Mobile, AL.

There were perhaps 200 people there watching Tori on her piano.  I was perhaps 20 feet away from her.  Was an awesome evening, albeit a bunch of years ago now.

Oct 29, 2011 at 6:01 PM Post #66 of 78
The worst live show I've ever been to was All American Rejects in Asbury Park, NJ.  They were supposed to play at the Stone Pony, but the roof collapsed there, so they were moved to the Paramount Theater.  They were so mad, they cursed at the crowd, told us we were a bad audience and that it was BS that they had to play the Paramount, then played about 8 songs, and left.  The show was over by 9:30, and people were cursing at the band on stage since everyone was so upset.  What an awful show that was...

I hope I win! -Rob

Oct 29, 2011 at 11:52 PM Post #68 of 78
Best live show.... Massive Attack at The Wiltern in LA and 36 hours later on Jimmy Kimmel Live! Two Massive Attack concerts in 48 hours equals the best live shows for me ever! 

My wife and I are on the side with Martina and about 4 people deep in the crowd. At The Wiltern they played the best from every album and the entire Helidagloland album. Wonderful concerts, I will remember forever.  

Nov 1, 2011 at 10:06 AM Post #72 of 78
We want to thank everyone who participated in this thread! We had a lot of fun reading your stories!!

and of course ..... CONGRATULATIONS MORBID TOASTER!!!!!

Nov 1, 2011 at 10:07 AM Post #73 of 78
It occurred to me that I never shared my stories...

The best I ever saw was Chick Corea on November 29th 2000 at the Blue Note in NYC (my 18th birthday)

The whole evening was surreal.  At the time, and even today, Chick was one of my absolute idols.  The evening started out with me and my girlfriend at the time just sitting there and my girlfriend mentioned to the guy next to me that it was my birthday whereupon he slipped me a 100 dollar bill!! This random stranger just handed me a hundred bucks! And while I tried not accept, he insisted!  Then my mother arrived (which I had not been expecting) and told Chick backstage it was her son's birthday.  He sang happy birthday to me from the stage in between one of the songs, but the real highlight was when he asked me to come back stage and have a one on one chat in between sets.  I ended up just sitting there with world renowned genius, Chick Corea, and just talking to him about music and other stuff for like 70 minutes.  It is one of the fondest memories of my life.  To this day, when I see Chick play live, he knows me by name and we still chat.

The worst concert I ever saw was...

Daniel Barenboim conducting Berlin Staatskapelle in Mahler's Das Lied von der Erde (May of 2009 at Carnegie Hall)
I haven't seen too many bad concerts, this was the worst.  It's one of my favorite pieces of music and the performance did not move me at all.  I didn't like Michelle DeYoung's shaky vibrato throughout and I felt the orchestra somehow got lost in the final movement.  I saw the entire 10 concert series of Mahler's entire output and this was in my opinion the only real dud.

:)

Nov 1, 2011 at 7:02 PM Post #74 of 78

That Chick Corea story is awesome.
Quote:
It occurred to me that I never shared my stories...

The best I ever saw was Chick Corea on November 29th 2000 at the Blue Note in NYC (my 18th birthday)

The whole evening was surreal.  At the time, and even today, Chick was one of my absolute idols.  The evening started out with me and my girlfriend at the time just sitting there and my girlfriend mentioned to the guy next to me that it was my birthday whereupon he slipped me a 100 dollar bill!! This random stranger just handed me a hundred bucks! And while I tried not accept, he insisted!  Then my mother arrived (which I had not been expecting) and told Chick backstage it was her son's birthday.  He sang happy birthday to me from the stage in between one of the songs, but the real highlight was when he asked me to come back stage and have a one on one chat in between sets.  I ended up just sitting there with world renowned genius, Chick Corea, and just talking to him about music and other stuff for like 70 minutes.  It is one of the fondest memories of my life.  To this day, when I see Chick play live, he knows me by name and we still chat.

The worst concert I ever saw was...

Daniel Barenboim conducting Berlin Staatskapelle in Mahler's Das Lied von der Erde (May of 2009 at Carnegie Hall)
I haven't seen too many bad concerts, this was the worst.  It's one of my favorite pieces of music and the performance did not move me at all.  I didn't like Michelle DeYoung's shaky vibrato throughout and I felt the orchestra somehow got lost in the final movement.  I saw the entire 10 concert series of Mahler's entire output and this was in my opinion the only real dud.

:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back