Headphones better than Ultrasone hfi 780 for house music
Mar 19, 2012 at 9:52 PM Post #18 of 26

Quote:
Okay then its settled. Im gonna get the 580s

as always give it 2 weeks. audiophile sound is a lot different from normal colored sound that your tainted ears are used to..after that..you won't go back

http://www.head-fi.org/t/247988/beyerdynamic-dt-770-pro/75#post_8237298

i get confused.. i did this thread recently too. read from page 4-6 if you want more info and better info and more indepth stuff. give it 2 weeks. many new mainstream people come and don't like head fi as their headphones didn't make their rap sound good. problem with that is that those songs aren't recorded well, not good quality tracks, and they didn't give the headphones enough time.

house is different so you may not have that problem but when you get them if you feel they aren't overwhelming enough, it's all just behind, not enough..well force, agressive where it just fills everything..that means you have tainted ears :) it's easily rectified after 2 weeks though :)

Mar 20, 2012 at 5:08 AM Post #19 of 26
Ultrasones are known to benefit from a longer than usual burn-in period.

Mar 20, 2012 at 6:26 AM Post #20 of 26
Thats also true, my shures only took ~60hrs. These took about 150hrs for me. With some recommending more than that. I find that burn in, getting used to it, extended listening periods affect the sound. Especially with the ultrasone slogic and its sound signature. I didnt mind nor noticed slogic at the forefront but now thinking back, that small uncomfortable feeling in the back of my head on what i was hearing might have been me subconciously going , slogic wha?

Mar 26, 2012 at 2:34 PM Post #22 of 26

Quote:
Btw how are te 580s with oter genre songs like reggae and rap?

they do fine, with them, I find that i need to EQ to perfect them. It's not genre dependant as much as it is song dependant. Where some i would like more vocals and others less vocals and more bass

Mar 28, 2012 at 11:59 AM Post #23 of 26
Quote:
I know, everyone is different,,people complain about clamp and i can see that. But that part doesnt bother me. Its just the overal comfort. Plz tell me or link me the velour pads plz roller
smily_headphones1.gif

I believe all of the Ultrasones share the same headband design (at least the three I have do) and the clamping force can actually be adjusted.  There's an excellent description of how to do this here under the "Adjusting for Comfort" heading: http://www.head-fi.org/a/ultrasone-owner-s-guide-the-missing-manual.  My PRO-2900s didn't need this but I did lessen the clamping slightly on my HFI-2400s and quite a bit more on my DJ1s this way to get them all to a good comfort level.

The DJ1s are fairly comfortable over long periods of time for me now (I use them as my gaming headset) though I do notice they're there.  The 2400s/2900s are incredibly comfortable for me, the larger velour pads are probably what makes the most difference there (I have the original DJ1s, not sure if the revised ones have the larger pads or not).

Mar 28, 2012 at 3:04 PM Post #24 of 26

Quote:
I believe all of the Ultrasones share the same headband design (at least the three I have do) and the clamping force can actually be adjusted.  There's an excellent description of how to do this here under the "Adjusting for Comfort" heading: http://www.head-fi.org/a/ultrasone-owner-s-guide-the-missing-manual.  My PRO-2900s didn't need this but I did lessen the clamping slightly on my HFI-2400s and quite a bit more on my DJ1s this way to get them all to a good comfort level.

The DJ1s are fairly comfortable over long periods of time for me now (I use them as my gaming headset) though I do notice they're there.  The 2400s/2900s are incredibly comfortable for me, the larger velour pads are probably what makes the most difference there (I have the original DJ1s, not sure if the revised ones have the larger pads or not).

thanks..some pics are missing which sucks

Mar 30, 2012 at 1:33 AM Post #25 of 26
Hey bowei i saw some of your posts and i saw that you said that, unamped, xb500 have more bass than the 580s. But consumer bass, not audiophile bass. Then you said, amped, 580s are at the same level of bass as the xb500. Does that mean the 580s will have a mixture of punchy consumer bass and nice balanced audiophile bass, or is it just stronger audiophile bass?

Mar 30, 2012 at 3:30 PM Post #26 of 26

Quote:
Hey bowei i saw some of your posts and i saw that you said that, unamped, xb500 have more bass than the 580s. But consumer bass, not audiophile bass. Then you said, amped, 580s are at the same level of bass as the xb500. Does that mean the 580s will have a mixture of punchy consumer bass and nice balanced audiophile bass, or is it just stronger audiophile bass?

^ when EQ'd the HFI 580's get up to the level of teh XB500's...but then it happens. Right as you are about to bypass the stock level of bass the XB500 can produce with no EQ. It all goes down the drain. The bass then shakes too much and the housing and design of the HFI 580 can't take it and the mids and highs are just gone and very shakky. literally you can hear the vocals shaking and bass distorting..very bad. The HFI 580's can be EQ'd up to the XB500 stock level with still a lot of punchiness but audiophile bass at the same time ..but of course there are many hits to audiophile sound quality as distortion is happening to the lows, mids and highs. across the whole spectrum really. I would not go past a+6dB Bass EQ with the HFI 580's. the design and housing of the headphone drivers can not accompany that much bass and the sound goes to ..lala land as well. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back