Headphones as a gift
Nov 3, 2009 at 1:59 AM Post #16 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by JMT391 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thank you all for the suggestions, I have updated the list on the first post with my findings - feel free to dispute
smily_headphones1.gif

right now the two IEMs that stand out are the iM-590 and the NE-7M, but I am also considering looking into the RE2 + Fiio E5 deal.

Do you really think your friend would wanna be bothered with an amp haha, I doubt he/she could even tell the difference, most people just download songs from limewire or whatever at 128 - 192kbps.

Buy him/her something with a fancy package that sounds better than the Earbuds from Apple. That will definitely get their attention and make them go Wow! =]

Nov 3, 2009 at 2:07 AM Post #17 of 20
I got the NE7m for my girlfriend and she likes them a lot. She's a music major too, so she knows good sound when she hears it. Though I would get the NE6 since they are cheaper and lack a mic.

Some girls would be bothered by a headband so keep that in mind.

Nov 4, 2009 at 9:11 PM Post #19 of 20
So really the main contenders here are the PL50, NE-7M/NE-6(they have the same drivers?), and the iM-590.

Pros and cons of each:
PL50 are over ear with a cable guide, which a girl who does not know a thing about headphones may not like (if she doesn't care, these are probably the best choice), but they seem to be comfortable, isolate well, and sound good.

iM-590 do not isolate so well, the shoelace cable can get tangled, but they have a good balanced sound and come with a wide array of accessories (will she need them?)

NE-7M/6 do not have good stock eartips (playing around with aftermarket ones isnt an option), but sound very good, and isolate well. They have been well liked for awhile now

hmm, what to choose... Everyone seems to have different opinions (as usual)

Nov 4, 2009 at 11:25 PM Post #20 of 20
So really the main contenders here are the PL50, NE-7M/NE-6(they have the same drivers?), and the iM-590.

Yes, same drivers between NE-7M and NE-6

Pros and cons of each:
PL50 are over ear with a cable guide, which a girl who does not know a thing about headphones may not like (if she doesn't care, these are probably the best choice), but they seem to be comfortable, isolate well, and sound good.

The cable guide really isn't necessary. They work and look better without it IMO. They don't isolate as well as the others.

iM-590 do not isolate so well, the shoelace cable can get tangled, but they have a good balanced sound and come with a wide array of accessories (will she need them?)

What? Doesn't isolate well? It isolates the most of the three. I've mowed the lawn in them before.

NE-7M/6 do not have good stock eartips (playing around with aftermarket ones isnt an option), but sound very good, and isolate well. They have been well liked for awhile now

NE-7M stock tips are very similar to Soundmagic ones. Just no foamies included with them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back