headphones and ebay...
Mar 24, 2006 at 5:30 AM Post #2 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by unlimitedx
I'm thinking about buying a shure IEM from ebay; does that mean I will lose the 2 year warranty?

I'm just worried that the expensive earbuds could break or something, and it costs so much!!

Read the fine print before you buy anything from eBay. Not all sellers are the same.

Mar 24, 2006 at 5:37 AM Post #3 of 6
If the eBay seller is a dealer of headphones and/or audio equipment, you will most likely be covered by a warranty.

Otherwise, you'll need to read the warranty itself to determine if it is transferrable.

Further complicating things, state laws often modify what is covered under warranties. If you live outside the United States, your country will most likely have laws regulating warranties, too.

Unfortunately, there are a number of variables and possible resales, such as this, can be complicated. If you want an easy answer, just buy from an authorized dealer. You will almost absolutely be covered in that case.

If you want to find a copy of the warranty before you purchase, check Shure's website, they ought to have one for you to read.

Mar 24, 2006 at 5:39 AM Post #4 of 6
Some sellers might claim that they have warranty on the item just because it is sealed in the box.

I know that I felt the same when I wanted to buy a pair of Senn headphones on ebay so I contacted Senn's customer service department. They said that even if the headphones were new, it isn't covered by the warranty if it isn't bought from an authorized dealer. I suppose that if the seller bought it from an authorized dealer, you can ask for the original receipt. It will also work if the seller is an authorized dealer. But other than that, Senn said that they won't provide the warranty.

Although I have heard that shure has good warranty support. I doubt that they will support grey market items. To be safe, I would email shure.

Mar 24, 2006 at 5:49 AM Post #5 of 6
ehh I think I will just buy from headphonesolutions then...people will think I am crazy spending $180 on some headphones!!

do you think hps will have a sale anytime soon..?
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back