Headphone while resting?
Feb 6, 2020 at 6:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

bokes

New Head-Fier
perhaps a bit silly request but
back in the 70's, 80's- I had a cheap plastic pair of Technic headphones.
They sounded fine to my 12 year old ears and the best thing was being able to lay down- on my back- head against the pillow- close my eyes and lose myself in Pink Floyd, Zeppelin, Hendrix, Sabbath, etc.

Today I have more $$ so I buy a pair of Beyerdynamic T1's and they sound fantastic, but they are so big and combursome- there is no way to rest your head back

Feb 6, 2020 at 7:02 PM Post #2 of 6
If you got money buy custom iem, but something not with a crazy amount of drivers inside.

But if you need a headphone headphone, mind as well get something almost replaceable/disposable . Like the koss ksc75.

Feb 6, 2020 at 8:16 PM Post #3 of 6
perhaps a bit silly request but
back in the 70's, 80's- I had a cheap plastic pair of Technic headphones.
They sounded fine to my 12 year old ears and the best thing was being able to lay down- on my back- head against the pillow- close my eyes and lose myself in Pink Floyd, Zeppelin, Hendrix, Sabbath, etc.

Today I have more $$ so I buy a pair of Beyerdynamic T1's and they sound fantastic, but they are so big and combursome- there is no way to rest your head back

I wouldn't try it in bed, but I regularly nap in my lazy boy. Of course I am not rolling around. I really do enjoy little naps filled with sound. My wife says I even have a little smile on face sometimes.

Shane D

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2020 at 12:54 PM Post #4 of 6
I use my Philips SHP8900 in bed, they are super comfy. And they have a detachable chord so I can easily trigger the Quad DAC on the LG G7. They actually sounds quite good and punches way above what they used to cost. But they easily falls off the head during regular use which is what makes them extra comfy in bed :)

SHP8900_00-PID-global-001

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2020 at 2:42 PM Post #5 of 6
"Audiophile found strangled to death in bed. Suicide and foul play have both been ruled out..."

Don't do it, buddy :wink:

Feb 8, 2020 at 3:08 PM Post #6 of 6

Users who are viewing this thread

Back