Headphone Upgrade
Feb 2, 2014 at 10:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Mcplokqaws

New Head-Fier
Hello everyone!

My current headphone, the Denon Ah-d1100, has a huge crack and I am looking to buy a new headphone. 

I listen to everything, but really into indie, classic, ballad, the genres that don't use too much bass.

I'm currently looking for incredibly clear sounding headphones with good high and mids and narrowed it down to the following:

-Beyerdynamic dt880 250ohm 
-AKG q701

Which one do y'all think is the better phone for me and are there other phones that you recommend (under 250 dollars)?

Finally, can my pa2v2 amps power both of these headphones? 

Thank you for your time! 

Feb 4, 2014 at 5:47 PM Post #2 of 5
So i take it that you know what an open headphone is? Gotta clarify that, since a lot of people doesn't know what the difference is.

As for headphone choices, you pretty much picked the two of the three best possible choices. Add in the hd600 to that list too.

I recommend you get the beyers, since they're much easier to like (less polarizing) than the other two.

The q701 is bass light, while the hd600's treble might be too soft.

Feb 4, 2014 at 7:14 PM Post #3 of 5
  So i take it that you know what an open headphone is? Gotta clarify that, since a lot of people doesn't know what the difference is.

As for headphone choices, you pretty much picked the two of the three best possible choices. Add in the hd600 to that list too.

I recommend you get the beyers, since they're much easier to like (less polarizing) than the other two.

The q701 is bass light, while the hd600's treble might be too soft.

is it dt880 premium or pro?

Feb 4, 2014 at 8:24 PM Post #5 of 5
The pro and premium are the same except for the paint. The pro also has a coiled cable vs the straight cable of the premium. The premium also has a useless case I think. They have the same driver though

Users who are viewing this thread

Back