Headphone Tube Amps - The hunt for all 300B TUBE AMPS
Mar 15, 2023 at 10:30 PM Post #2,056 of 2,843
Mar 16, 2023 at 5:01 AM Post #2,060 of 2,843
Which headphone?
Stax x9000. I've got an opportunity to get a like-new pair that won't take me a year of waiting on delivery. Plus, I also bought two other pair this month already, so petty cash fund is a bit low for March...

Mar 16, 2023 at 5:25 AM Post #2,061 of 2,843
So, at what operating point are you running your tubes?

Mar 16, 2023 at 11:07 AM Post #2,062 of 2,843

12:03

First time I saw any video reviews of the Elrog tubes. This one is for the ERs.

Mar 16, 2023 at 1:09 PM Post #2,063 of 2,843
I am glad I came back on this thread at this time. I have been lusting about owning the unholy Trifecta.

Legend-of-Zelda-Link-to-the-Past.gif

Edit: That being said Thomas did mention to me he doesn't recommend spending about half the price of an amp just for the output tubes.
Edit2: No longer looking for a second pair of headphones. Will use the money for the unattainable TM. I like things that are hard to get. Like my T-Rex fossils in my study LOL

Last edited:
Mar 16, 2023 at 1:26 PM Post #2,064 of 2,843
I received Final D8000 Pro LE last week. I am pleased to report that these sound amazing with Elrog Mo/Quad GEC 6j5 on Envy (and of course on Bliss too). Using with my Hapa Audio Kn0t Ag cable and my 3.5mm silver Hapa Liric adapters.

All the midrange, treble, and soundstage/imaging goodness one would want, detail in spades, plus bass monster (perfect quantity, and insane quality). Highly recommended. Different enough from Elite that I now have two favorites. Also, my desire to try Susvara is completely gone as a result.

Last edited:
Mar 16, 2023 at 1:27 PM Post #2,065 of 2,843
I received Final D8000 Pro LE last week. I am pleased to report that these sound amazing with Elrog Mo/Quad GEC 6j5 on Envy (and of course on Bliss too).

All the midrange, treble, and soundstage/imaging goodness one would want, detail in spades, plus bass monster (perfect quantity, and insane quality). Highly recommended. Different enough from Elite that I now have two favorites. Also, my desire to try Susvara is completely gone as a result.
Doesn't it all sound amazing off the Elrog Mo/Quad GEC 6j5?! hehe

Mar 16, 2023 at 2:33 PM Post #2,067 of 2,843
I received Final D8000 Pro LE last week. I am pleased to report that these sound amazing with Elrog Mo/Quad GEC 6j5 on Envy (and of course on Bliss too). Using with my Hapa Audio Kn0t Ag cable and my 3.5mm silver Hapa Liric adapters.

On my list - but first I need to scratch my electrostatic itch...

Mar 16, 2023 at 3:00 PM Post #2,068 of 2,843
I received Final D8000 Pro LE last week. I am pleased to report that these sound amazing with Elrog Mo/Quad GEC 6j5 on Envy (and of course on Bliss too). U
How does the LE version differ from the Final D8000 Pro? I demoed a pair of the Pro and, while I found them good particularly in the bass, I was a bit underwhelmed and returned them.

Glad they are working for you with the Envy (MO + GEC) and Bliss!

Last edited:
Mar 16, 2023 at 3:58 PM Post #2,069 of 2,843
How does the LE version differ from the Final D8000 Pro? I demoed a pair of the Pro and, while I found them good particularly in the bass, I was a bit underwhelmed and returned them.

Glad they are working for you with the Envy (MO + GEC) and Bliss!
No idea from personal experience, but the differences are pretty significant per a lot of people who have used both. Drivers are tweaked, and pads are different.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back