Headphone Tree
Jan 23, 2008 at 1:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

valveman

100+ Head-Fier
I own several headphones. I really like to have variety especially in my recording studio. The problem is how to store them and have easy access to them.

I decided to use a vertical CD stand from IKEA and added limbs to attach headphones. More limbs can be added when needed and the phones are easily accessed. My CD stand is about 5 feet high and if I place headphone limbs front to back, I can easily hang up to 32 headphones while taking up very little space.

Here is the tree:
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2191/...6c330cc2_o.jpg

As an added bonusl, your CDs can still be placed in the stand.

Details to follow for anyone who wants to make one.

Jan 23, 2008 at 3:56 AM Post #8 of 20
what about the pair you started to make?
biggrin.gif

Jan 23, 2008 at 4:13 AM Post #9 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by nin3th /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Who on earth owns 32 pairs of headphones?

Reporting for duty! (I'm from Earth too.)

Jan 23, 2008 at 4:15 AM Post #10 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
(I'm from Earth too.)

Let's not get hasty here, can you actually provide some supporting evidence for this claim?

Jan 23, 2008 at 4:23 AM Post #11 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fitz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Let's not get hasty here, can you actually provide some supporting evidence for this claim?

Oh no! Not another non-believer! Ok, to tell you the truth, I've only heard (but I heard it with my own two ears) that I'm from Earth. It has never actually been proven scientifically that I've from Earth.

It could be just a placebo effect. Maybe I just think I'm from Earth. Maybe it's a big ball of cheese that I live on, and the psychoacoustics have gotten the best of me. If I hang around here (and keep "learning" more from the posts of all of the experts) for long enough, I won't believe anything that I hear!

Jan 23, 2008 at 4:53 AM Post #14 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by TMM /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There are places you can go to get help for things like this...
tongue.gif

Being on earth? Where, where?!?!?!

Jan 23, 2008 at 12:41 PM Post #15 of 20
Yes my Headphone project is still much alive. Making a suitable driver is the most difficult part but I am still working with different materials. More progress will be posted on the DIY Headphone thread soon. Most likely this week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back