Headphone Suggestions (completely new to this field)
Mar 27, 2013 at 1:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Hissatsu

New Head-Fier
Hi, a little description I plan to spend 100-200$ maybe a tad over but that depends.
Generally i would like to use it through my computer/laptop, being able to use it through my phone would be a very good PLUS but not necessary.

Primarily I'll be using it for music, I usually listen to rock (I like my guitar riffs) music or maybe sometime some casual Metal(Metallica) to power rock (Iron Maiden) or some pop

I've decided to give a few songs to demonstrate the range/sound i'd like from these headphones
*Note* (I'm a new to this so i don't know how naive these ranges could be relatively to my budget, so any suggestion with some compromises would still be good just tell me what it would compromise =] )*Note* (Neither do i know if these song examples even help :p)

Radiohead - My Iron Lung
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Can't Stop
Radiohead's In Rainbows album (I guess from this what i really want is distinguishable multiple-instrument/sounds?)
The Beatles - Let It Be (Album version) (The subtle drums and the rough guitar riff)
Radiohead - All I Need (not sure if the best example but basically I'd like a fairly good bass when it is needed)
Just to throw it out there too, i like some grunge rock (Smells like teen spirit, song 2 )

Well not sure if that helped at all, ill try to add a bit of a summary (if i can).
I like my classic band sounds, bass guitar vocals drums, don't need overpowering bass but a decent one (That wont overpower other instruments Radiohead's House of Cards and All I Need might be a good benchmark of what i mean, maybe?)
A good guitar justifying sound (My Iron Lung's Riffs as well as Let It Be's (album version) Riff especially)

Mar 27, 2013 at 3:06 AM Post #3 of 4
Hmm would prefer closed i guess, hmm portability as long as the wire/cord isn't too long i have a decent sized bag so i dont mind taking it with me, would usually use it for home or at school would be a plus if i could use it while travelling too lol 

Mar 27, 2013 at 8:39 AM Post #4 of 4
Most good headphones will come with a long wire, but you can bunch some of it up with a twist tie. If you want closed, the Beyerdynamic DT770 is a good option in your price range.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back