Headphone Stores in NJ???
Jun 1, 2007 at 2:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Darkestred

1000+ Head-Fier
I was wondering if there is such a thing? I am interested in trying out some audio technica phones. I thought guitar center might have them but its an online deal only. If anyone has any ideas or locations around the nyc area that would be great too.

Jun 1, 2007 at 2:46 PM Post #2 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Darkestred /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was wondering if there is such a thing? I am interested in trying out some audio technica phones. I thought guitar center might have them but its an online deal only. If anyone has any ideas or locations around the nyc area that would be great too.

Welcome to my world...

As for Southern NJ, the only game in town seems to be Guitar Center. My local Guitar Center has a handful of decent phones (no real top-shelf models though). The only problem is that they don't have any of the phones open and on display. So you can't take them for a test drive - sad really.

If you want to actually test drive headphones in South Jersey, the only game in town seems to be Best Buy or Circuit City. Which is fine if you are a fan of crappy headphones (Bose, etc).

I'm not sure about North Jersey. New York is probably your best bet if you want to audition any 'real' headphones. I will let the NYC natives take it from here...

Jun 1, 2007 at 4:05 PM Post #4 of 7
This is the same problem I have. I am in north Jersey (about 40 minutes from NYC) and I can't fnd any good local places to try out phones. I have heard Guitar Center has some stuff but haven't bothered with them really yet because I want to demo some stuff. Seems like there really aren't many good small electronics stores around that deal in lots of headphones. I too would appreciate any help in this matter.

Jun 15, 2015 at 11:52 PM Post #7 of 7
B&H has a better than average selection. has sennheiser models up to hd800 (no 700 though). Several other options on display. Not the best, not the worst. Bring a portable amp though and expect to be heckled by employees for not having the proper amplification for higher end headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back