Headphone stands (again)
Jan 11, 2004 at 1:14 AM Post #61 of 118
Quote:

Originally posted by Uncledan
The stand depend on what kind of headphone you use, some headphones can not use banana hanger, such as: HE60 and CD3000.

I have mine in one, who told you that? If you are concerned about bumping the vinyl padding on top, I will give you a tip: I had mine for along time on it without anything and I had no problems, but as I was concerned also, I was looking for a solution and the only I had gotten so far was to place a foam hair roller, yes don't laught, one of those your wife uses for curling the hair (99cents for a pack of 12) they came in a few ridiculous colors, I got mine in black, but there are also in pink, etc....slide it all over the hook, as it has a central hole all along the cylinder, and you are done...you see, that is the most important women's contribution to the headphone world, but I have to admit that is very limited....
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Jan 11, 2004 at 3:48 AM Post #62 of 118
LOL

I guess I have to come clean too. The foam rubber that I used is actually cosmetic foam wedge. Now we have two important contribution from women.

Jan 11, 2004 at 4:44 AM Post #64 of 118
Quote:

Originally posted by Sovkiller
you see, that is the most important women's contribution to the headphone world, but I have to admit that is very limited....

I'm not sure....are you insulting women here, or just saying that the headphone world is very limited??
confused.gif

Anyway, the use of the foam hair roller sounds like a great way to protect the headband of your headphones when hanging the headphones from a banana stand or similar metal object. I think I'll go buy some to use (I currently have 3 banana stands for my headphones.) I might even choose foam rollers that have a ridiculous colour, too.
biggrin.gif

Jan 11, 2004 at 6:46 AM Post #65 of 118
I followed Habib's lead and used a glove finger. I thought that a woman's glove might be ideal since their fingers are slender, so I asked a friend if she had any gloves she wanted to get rid of. The next day, she gave me a pair of small fleece gloves. I chopped off one of the fingers, narrowed it slightly by re-sewing the seam, then put it on the banana stand. It looks like this:

files\banana_finger.jpg

A bit messy, but it does the job.

By the way... Although it looks like a cow-print, it's actually leopard spots... or at least, that's what I've been trying to convince myself of.
tongue.gif

D.

Jan 11, 2004 at 7:03 AM Post #66 of 118
Quote:

Originally posted by Sovkiller
I was looking for a solution and the only I had gotten so far was to place a foam hair roller, yes don't laught, one of those your wife uses for curling the hair (99cents for a pack of 12)

Sovkiller,

I'm not sure that I know what these look like. My idea of hair rollers is of the kind that my Mom used back in the '60s and '70s.

You wouldn't happen to have a photo of the foam ones, would you? Or a link to a website that shows them?

D.

Jan 11, 2004 at 4:43 PM Post #68 of 118
Quote:

Originally posted by OakIris
I'm not sure....are you insulting women here, or just saying that the headphone world is very limited??
confused.gif

Anyway, the use of the foam hair roller sounds like a great way to protect the headband of your headphones when hanging the headphones from a banana stand or similar metal object. I think I'll go buy some to use (I currently have 3 banana stands for my headphones.) I might even choose foam rollers that have a ridiculous colour, too.
biggrin.gif

You can choose a pink one, it should be fine, and will look very nice.....
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

And sorry I do not mean an insult, the women along these years are excluding by themselves from being active members here, nobody had banned them, nor saying that they can't be, so that was their choice, and with the exception of morsel, which had contributed in a very extensive and knowledgeable way, the rest were missing from our community most of the time, a real shame, (and she is only one of them) so you have to agree that is a very limited contribution, I would like that this contribution would be more noticeable, maybe as others had stated before, that would push the manufacturers, to make headphones more stylish and better looking (CD3000 look horrible, Grados look horrible, K-1000 look horrible just to mention a few) as they had a better sense of fashion and cosmetics, and sorry no offense on that, maybe we (the males) have a limited contribution in the shoes world, or in the purse world, or in the fashion world in general, as most of the designers are gays, so is a very limited to non in those fields....
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Jan 11, 2004 at 5:01 PM Post #69 of 118
Quote:

Originally posted by Demolition
Sovkiller,

I'm not sure that I know what these look like. My idea of hair rollers is of the kind that my Mom used back in the '60s and '70s.

You wouldn't happen to have a photo of the foam ones, would you? Or a link to a website that shows them?

D.

They may look like these more or less, sorry for the color, but this is the most common one, I found mine in black, which look terrific, you can find them in light blue and yellow also, AFAIK, and they have like 4 sizes, this is the jumbo, I got the medium, the small is about the diameter of a penny, medium of a nickel, big of a quarter and jumbo (this one) about a D battery size, this is the info I was able to find online, hope this helps, but do not purchase them online, they will chage about 7.00 a package plus shipping, I got mine for 99 cents in a dollar general store, and same quality ....OK?

attachment.php

Jan 11, 2004 at 5:31 PM Post #71 of 118
Quote:

Originally posted by Amsties
My stand's the coolest cuz it glows in the dark

IMG_0024.jpg

That's cool/ creepy. I like!

Jan 11, 2004 at 5:34 PM Post #72 of 118
Those heads all of them look great but those heads, tend to flatten the pads (I know by personal experience) and diminish the clamping force with the time, be aware of that OK? That was my first attemp of stand....

Jan 11, 2004 at 5:46 PM Post #73 of 118
diminish clamping force?, that head's like a quarter of the size of mine. there's barley any clamping at all. they hang on by its ears.

it should be fine, its only a little piggy bank from years ago.

Jan 11, 2004 at 6:32 PM Post #74 of 118
Quote:

Originally posted by Amsties
diminish clamping force?, that head's like a quarter of the size of mine. there's barley any clamping at all. they hang on by its ears.

it should be fine, its only a little piggy bank from years ago.

Maybe for the Grados is OK, as their cups will never go that close one against the other, but in the case of the CD3000 and many other cans, they close one cup almost touching each other, and the steel piece on top, is a lot less stiff, to give you more comfort, applying to your head less clamping force, as a result any force in between will expand the headband with the time, and will act against the clamping force at the end, not only on the CD3000, other headphones that has this same configuration or design will suffer from that, I would not apply this force if they are not in use, as it is completely unnecessary, and a hanger will cost you a lot less than this head, and mine look sharp, i wish ot have a camera to post a pic of it.....and about the pads all of them will stretch, even the Grados, but as the CD3000 will cost you about 50.00, I will try to preserve them, maybe the Grados cost 10 or 12, we wish that ours will cost the same, but unfortunately others are pretty expensive...

Jan 12, 2004 at 2:05 AM Post #75 of 118
Wow. Sovlkill....English is obviously a second language for you, but from what I can understand from your response, you don't have a lot of respect for women, and seem to have some problems with gay folks as well:
Quote:

And sorry I do not mean an insult, the women along these years are excluding by themselves from being active members here, nobody had banned them, nor saying that they can't be, so that was their choice, and with the exception of morsel, which had contributed in a very extensive and knowledgeable way, the rest were missing from our community most of the time, a real shame, (and she is only one of them) so you have to agree that is a very limited contribution, I would like that this contribution would be more noticeable....maybe we (the males) have a limited contribution in the shoes world, or in the purse world, or in the fashion world in general, as most of the designers are gays, so is a very limited to non in those fields....

But, this is the USA and everyone is entitled to their own opinions. I believe there are more women contributing to this forum than you think. Anyway, I thank you for the idea of the foam rollers (I don't want pink, though) but otherwise I guess I'll have to dismiss your opinions, and you'll dismiss mine!
tongue.gif

Amsties - that is a really cool headphone stand - and it glows in the dark! Where did you find it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back