Headphone stands (again)
Jan 5, 2004 at 5:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 118

Demolition

1000+ Head-Fier
Do many folks here use stands when storing their headphones? I'm curious because commercially-made headphone stands seem to be fairly scarce. The only offerings that I know of are the ones from Stax (the HPS-1 and HPS-2).

In other forum threads, I've seen people using everything from mannequin heads to coat racks. My HD 1000 Charlestons came with a bent wire stand (similar to the one seen in a couple of photos in one of Greenhorn's old threads ), and the closest thing available these days is a banana hanger.
tongue.gif

D.

Jan 5, 2004 at 4:18 PM Post #4 of 118
Glass head from Pier 1 Imports. Looks real cool if you have a 'modern' or eclectic home. I'm thinking of edge lighting mine from the bottom for that 'freak!' effect.
tongue.gif

Jan 5, 2004 at 7:27 PM Post #5 of 118
Does the glass head flatten headphone pads? If so I rather get a banana hanger.

Here is another banana hanger if anyone is intereted. I think Cooking.com stopped carrying their own.

Jan 5, 2004 at 8:32 PM Post #7 of 118
Quote:

Originally posted by Habib
Here is another banana hanger if anyone is intereted.

I think I'll go check out the banana hanger that you linked to. There's a Linen 'N Things store close by me.

However, I've had my eye on this one from Canadian Tire, though. Kind of classy looking, eh?
tongue.gif

D.

Edit: fixed link

Jan 5, 2004 at 10:48 PM Post #8 of 118
Banana hangers look nice, but is there anything that can accomodate 2 or 3 headphones?

Jan 5, 2004 at 11:38 PM Post #9 of 118
I wonder if anybody keeps Bananas on Heaphone stands?

(don't mind me...... was just a' thinkin out 'loud)

Jan 5, 2004 at 11:52 PM Post #10 of 118
Quote:

Originally posted by zotjen
Banana hangers look nice, but is there anything that can accomodate 2 or 3 headphones?

If you really wanted, you could likely mount 3 banana hangers back to back.

Jan 6, 2004 at 1:08 AM Post #11 of 118
Quote:

Originally posted by zotjen

Someone in another thread mentioned that he uses a coat tree to hold multiple headphones. Personally, I was thinking that a mug tree would work well.

By the way, I bought a couple of the Canadian Tire banana hangers that I mentioned earlier. They work great! I have to say that they look much classier than the stock stand that came with my Sennheiser HD 1000s.

HD1000_banana_stand.jpg

biggrin.gif

D.

Jan 6, 2004 at 2:03 AM Post #12 of 118
I drilled a hole in the side of my desk, and glued a thick matching wood peg in it. Simple, and gets the job done while looking nice. I like it very much. They were a lot of desk clutter!!

<will post pics some other time. Too late at this point tonight.>

Jan 6, 2004 at 2:10 AM Post #13 of 118
Maybe I'll consider making one for myself.

I have some wood stain, clearcoat and a dremel. I'm sure I can get something cheap and decent looking done. Mine currently sit on top of my L desk and on top of my computer's tower.

Jan 6, 2004 at 7:00 AM Post #14 of 118
@ Demolition...

I noticed that you hang your headphones by those thick wires above the actual headband part. Are those made of metal on yours? For my A900's I think it is just a plastic that covers the cables... but that would be the only way of actually hanging them. However, I am worried that they weigh too much to hang them on those two wires at the top, and that eventually they would bend the wires...

I think a banana hanger is in order for me, but I just don't want to wreck my new headphones.

Are there any other a900 owners that hang their headphones up on something similar?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back