Headphone stand...
Feb 26, 2003 at 4:59 PM Post #16 of 35
The MK2 will hold 2 sets of headphones, maybe three depending on headband width.

I'm tickled by it for a number of reasons, including the built in pun factor. The headphones would rest on flats.

The MK2's footprint will be about the same as MK1, although the stand will rise 14 to 17 inches off the base.

Long as I'm mentioning dimensions.

MK1's dimensions:
Base 8.5x8.5x.75 inches
Stem height 7 inches
Min total height 8.75 inches (top of cradle)
Max total height 10.5 inches(top of cradle)

We'll consider building two or three MK2's after a few MK1's are out there.

Mar 2, 2003 at 4:48 PM Post #17 of 35
Quote:

Originally posted by LobsterSan
what are those interesting looking headphones in the first pic? they look like a DIY effort, built using a belt for the headband
smily_headphones1.gif

They are not DIY. Actually they were on mass production even though the number was limited. Here you can see the evidence.
NewStand.JPG

This Headphone stand itself is cheap and not good looking but practical. You can put two cans on it.

Mar 4, 2003 at 12:16 AM Post #20 of 35
Quote:

Originally posted by GanChan
Does anyone here use wig heads to hold their headphones?

Like, maybe, these?

http://www.buymannequins.com/heads.htm

smily_headphones1.gif

The idea of using glass heads from Pier-1 or a similar store has been batted around. They're somewhat creepy, too.. [My avatar is a glass head wearing stuff..]

Anyhow... for a large majority of cans, you don't want to use something like a glass head, or even a mannequin head, as it would compress the pads..

Mar 5, 2003 at 10:53 PM Post #24 of 35
The classic cheap stand, don't look any other place.... $9.99 and the sturdiest one you can find !!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Mar 6, 2003 at 9:44 AM Post #25 of 35
The wig heads are not only creepy, but all the male heads looked kinda gay. Not dumb gay, dude wearing lipstip gay. lol

I'd think a wooden head would be cool, or even one of them none face, somewhat robitic looking, plastic/metal heads that you see in department stores would be real cool. Also manican heads are typically molded after skinny headed people with small ears.

I like the broken in pad feeling, with good pads, like those that came with my Sennheiser 590's... after some wear, they start to fit like a glove and get a real soft broken in feeling.

Mar 6, 2003 at 6:07 PM Post #26 of 35
Quote:

Originally posted by Sovkiller
The classic cheap stand, don't look any other place.... $9.99 and the sturdiest one you can find !!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

That looks nice sovkiller, like the frame of one of those things the steel balls hang off. Where abouts can you buy this device?

BTW I find the classic cheap stand to be a nine inch nail hammered into the wall

Pinkie.
biggrin.gif

Mar 6, 2003 at 7:01 PM Post #27 of 35
Is a banana hanger, don't tell anybody, I just cover the hook with a rubber tube and that's it, simple, cheap, and extremelly durable...BTW it came also in black, I was not able to find it the day I decided to get it..
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

note: thye also make one wit hte basket fo other fruits on the bottom, it can be use to keep the headphone extension and adapters, in a safe place also, but I just like this one better, now there are some even more attractive and less kitchen look, but too late or me...

Mar 6, 2003 at 7:33 PM Post #28 of 35

Users who are viewing this thread

Back