Headphone Stand
Jan 2, 2003 at 2:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 89

Costas

100+ Head-Fier
Where can I find a decent stand to place my HD-600s on? There doesn't seem to be anything available out there for headphones and I don't really like leaving my headphones on the floor or the coffee table.

Anyone know of any good products or retailers for such an item???

Jan 2, 2003 at 2:20 AM Post #2 of 89
I spotted some potentially very creepy glass heads on stoneaudio.co.uk. I'm quite tempted but at the same time I feel that going into the room at night might result in an unpleasant experience!

Jan 2, 2003 at 2:28 AM Post #3 of 89
I've already got one of those and yes, they're pretty creepy. The expression never changes on its face, even with the HD-600s on...
cool.gif

I was after something a bit more robust. Something along the lines of a guitar stand but for headphones...

Jan 2, 2003 at 2:40 AM Post #5 of 89
I picked up a glass head at pier one a couple weeks ago, and took it back. The reason? I'm afraid it will stretch my hd580s too much, and compress the pads in the process. I'm still looking for that perfect stand. . . :-/

Jan 2, 2003 at 2:52 AM Post #6 of 89
Where can I found a foam one? Where did you see that glass one at...hell if it creeps me out, i'll just put a towle over it. lol

Wonder if i can get a metal hanger with some ducktape and a small pillow... bust out with some james bond gaget. lol

Ducktape is the cure all man, warts, blistors, hell it can prob cure pink eye if you just give it a chance.

Jan 2, 2003 at 4:40 AM Post #7 of 89
Hello Everyone, Happy New Year!
smily_headphones1.gif

The Philips SBC HP 890 comes with a very nice headphone stand but unfortunately it is not sold separately.

I have, however, found something simpler but similar, giving me basically the same results. The item is originally intended as a Coke bottle stand, but looks great and is very practical as a headphone stand. Click below for a downloadable pic.

Cheers,
Alex Altorfer

Jan 2, 2003 at 4:58 AM Post #8 of 89
Interesting... I've never seen this sort of stand in Australia Alex. In fact, I've never even heard of a Coke bottle stand!!! Do bottles have a habit of falling down over there???
tongue.gif

Thanks for the tip anyway. Not quite what I had in mind but will consider this anyway.

Jan 2, 2003 at 8:10 AM Post #10 of 89
Costas,

We should tell'em folks above the Equator like it is! Down underneath objects have a habit of falling upwards towards the sky!
biggrin.gif
(that's why the Earth should be flat, or so I've heard)
redface.gif

Actually my stand has a particular shape at its foot that's practical for winding the phone cable around when it's too long. The headphones look really cool on top of it too!

Jessica,

Yours must be really practical too, as long as one's cans aren't too heavy for the glue...

Cheers,
Alex Altorfer
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 2, 2003 at 3:40 PM Post #12 of 89
Quote:

Originally posted by jessica00
not glue, 3m adhesive tape, VERY strong stuff.

Is that the two sided stuff? If so I can vouch for that, I mounted my rear speakers in my dorm using it
biggrin.gif

Jan 3, 2003 at 12:10 PM Post #13 of 89
Hallo,

This is the headphone stand proper.
HD580J-A1.JPG

I'm even astonished that nobody here has REAL headphone stand. You spend $1000s for headphone but hang them on cheap glass heads or coat hanger? Your STAX, AKG and Senns are weeping.

Jan 3, 2003 at 11:12 PM Post #14 of 89
Akira,
Where on God's Green Earth can we buy this cool looking headphone stand?
Cheers,
Alex Altorfer
smily_headphones1.gif

PS: That HD 580 on the picture looks more like an HD 600...
confused.gif

Jan 4, 2003 at 1:38 AM Post #15 of 89
Quote:

Originally posted by akira
Hallo,

This is the headphone stand proper.
http://img123.ac.yahoo.co.jp/users/7...12hd580j-2.jpg

I'm even astonished that nobody here has REAL headphone stand. You spend $1000s for headphone but hang them on cheap glass heads or coat hanger? Your STAX, AKG and Senns are weeping.

Yours just looks like a piece of metal going into a finished piece of wood. One can spend 15 bucks at Home Depot and make one just as nice looking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back