Headphone Stand Newly Designed!!
May 7, 2009 at 9:27 AM Post #16 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by SACD-Man /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Besides that, what is your overall opinion?
icon10.gif

I like the overall design: Wide base for stability, gentle lip to prevent phones sliding off too easily and the right two-colour combination would look fantastic. With the cable hooks, you could probably abolish them, as the hangers are long enough to hang even chunky Stax cables over the ends easily. The other thought is putting them on the front and back rather than under the hangers. I'd go for a slightly deeper hooks, if at all, as wound cables get quite chunky.
smily_headphones1.gif

May 7, 2009 at 1:26 PM Post #17 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by Currawong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I like the overall design: Wide base for stability, gentle lip to prevent phones sliding off too easily and the right two-colour combination would look fantastic. With the cable hooks, you could probably abolish them, as the hangers are long enough to hang even chunky Stax cables over the ends easily. The other thought is putting them on the front and back rather than under the hangers. I'd go for a slightly deeper hooks, if at all, as wound cables get quite chunky.
smily_headphones1.gif

The debate on the hooks still continue. I may offer it as an option. Also there will be plenty of wood combinations to pick from.

Thanks for your feedback. There will be reviews coming soon!!

May 8, 2009 at 3:40 AM Post #18 of 31
It looks like we will offer the option to add the hooks. I'm working with different manufactures on exactly what size and style I want. However there seems to be so much interest that I would rather release this design and continue to solve the "hook" issue!!

May 21, 2009 at 11:18 PM Post #19 of 31
I received two of the new stands in today, and they look incredible, I love them.

Craig packed them with two sets of hooks, a small set and a large set. The large set looks great on the stands, methinks.

I'll have them at CanJam (along with three of the older model), so, if these are of interest to you, come by and check them out. I'm sure Craig will have some there too.

Nice job! Very well done.

Lee

May 25, 2009 at 9:32 AM Post #21 of 31
Dude, I think I just filled the cup.

May 25, 2009 at 9:33 AM Post #22 of 31
There should be some sort of hooky-windy system to deal with the fact that if you try to drape around a headphone cord over the top that has a furu plug on it, it sinks like an anchor...

May 26, 2009 at 5:41 AM Post #24 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by uberburger101 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow that looks stunning. I'm keen to see pictures of the Purple Heart and Oak combination.
biggrin.gif

They will be displayed at CanJam as well as other wood combos.

These puppies should rock!
biggrin.gif

May 26, 2009 at 5:44 AM Post #25 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by scootermafia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There should be some sort of hooky-windy system to deal with the fact that if you try to drape around a headphone cord over the top that has a furu plug on it, it sinks like an anchor...

The whole hook concept is being looked at. I will say this, those who have a prototype do enjoy the hook. Now we just have to figure out the best approach.

One idea is sending 2 different size hooks.

May 27, 2009 at 4:46 AM Post #27 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by uberburger101 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sending 2 different sized hooks would be a good idea. My Grado RS1 definitely needs a bigger cable hook than my ESW10JPN.
tongue.gif
Can't wait to see the finished products. Hopefully the price won't be too extravagant.
redface.gif

We are still playing around with the hooks. We should have a decent product by CanJam. So photos will be posted once the new wood species are made and the hooks portion "nailed" down..
icon10.gif
Ok that was really bad.

I hope I don't destroy your wallet!!

Jun 2, 2009 at 3:50 PM Post #30 of 31
PM me...want price/details!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back