Headphone stand idea
Apr 9, 2004 at 3:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 31

kelesh

100+ Head-Fier
Get a BUST of somebody, say Mozart or Beethoven, wire up some red LED's to a cheap sound activated power supply.

His eyes will glow red to the beat!!

I'm totally going to do this to hold my HD650's. I just need to find the right bust/head. Anybody got any good ideas or links for this?

Apr 9, 2004 at 3:46 AM Post #2 of 31
Sounds cool to me. Go for it! I like the blinking to the beat idea. Nice touch. Make sure to take a photo or two and post it here when you're done.

Apr 9, 2004 at 3:55 AM Post #3 of 31
finding the right bust is the hard part. i may need to just get lucky on ebay.

Apr 9, 2004 at 11:01 AM Post #4 of 31
I have a large bust of Beethoven.

But don't think I will use it for a headphone stand. You need something that puts no pressure on pads during storage.

Apr 9, 2004 at 1:03 PM Post #5 of 31
Was I the only one thinking about Boobies when Kelesh mentioned a bust
biggrin.gif

I'll take myself and my dirty mind back to the gutter now eh?
very_evil_smiley.gif

Apr 9, 2004 at 8:29 PM Post #7 of 31
Quote:

Originally posted by Trawlerman
biggrin.gif

I'll take myself and my dirty mind back to the gutter now eh?
very_evil_smiley.gif

Actually, I saw a few mannequin busts that had boobies... i thought about putting sound activated led's in the nipples
biggrin.gif
, but its a bit too distasteful

Apr 9, 2004 at 9:21 PM Post #8 of 31
Quote:

Originally posted by fredpb
I have a large bust of Beethoven.

But don't think I will use it for a headphone stand. You need something that puts no pressure on pads during storage.

I plan on sanding down part of the sides of his head until there is space for the hD650's. Alternatively, I might put a metal bar or two (in a T formation) on the top of his head and rest the headphones on that.

Apr 9, 2004 at 9:42 PM Post #9 of 31
Quote:

Originally posted by Trawlerman
biggrin.gif

No you weren't the only one indeed. I was thinking, well that would be a certainly comfortable stand for the headphones
biggrin.gif

Apr 9, 2004 at 10:09 PM Post #11 of 31
Quote:

Originally posted by darkclouds
Don't you need a bust of someone bald though? Something with a nice roundish head.

i'll have to put some bars above it to hang the cans on, or I can "shave" a place for the cans, but I've never worked with plaster before.

Apr 10, 2004 at 7:00 PM Post #12 of 31
what the cheapest and best sound activator I can get? I was considering getting THIS, but its just "okay" at matching the beat of Bass, and its powered by usb
frown.gif
. Are there any decent sound activators out there for less than $10?

Apr 11, 2004 at 6:00 AM Post #14 of 31
The glass head looks pretty odd. For $35-40, you can get a plaster Bust of Mozart or Beethoven:

G150D.jpg

versus....

giantbeethoven.jpg

Apr 11, 2004 at 6:24 AM Post #15 of 31
kelesh, this should work. The width is 13" which I presume is at the widest point by his shoulders. That would suggest about 7" across his head (hair included). The HD650's have some clamping force but if they fit on my big noggin they must fit on Beethoven! Nice idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back