Headphone stand dust cover
Jun 9, 2012 at 8:16 AM Post #3 of 7
That's exactly what I'm looking for, but this beauty would be deeply offended by the Stax logo:

Hong Kong and China must have covers of this type to offer?

Jun 10, 2012 at 1:44 PM Post #5 of 7
I use the carrying pouch from my Sony headphones as a dust cover for my 'stats currently. It looks kind of dorky, but it works perfectly. The inside is some sort of soft material (not quite velour), and the outside is a pleather of some sort; no scratches, and it's dust (and light) resistant. They look more or less brand new.

My older stats (which aren't used right now) are in an electronics anti-static/moisture/dust bag with the cable coiled in with them. Keeps them safe while they're tucked away. I would find that bag a pain to use daily though (it's not really that durable and it crinkles a lot; it's a stupid reason to dislike it, but it is what it is).

I'm also working on sewing my own covers from raw fabric - same idea as a pillowcase, and you can basically use whatever material you want (and are able to sew). The Sony pouch is my template, it's roughly 11.5" x 12.5" (taller than wide; opening is 11.5) - just measure how tall it needs to be to fit that stand with the headphones on it, add a little bit, and then figure out the width to whatever the widest point is. Add a little bit. Use whatever fabric you want (you could get incredibly fancy here and do a liner and cover, make it light-tight, etc - whatever you like really).

Now, I want to know more about that stand. :p

Jun 11, 2012 at 6:40 AM Post #6 of 7
Thanks for the advice, maybe d-i-y is the way to go if there's no easy option on ebay.

The stand I just received some information on. The model is called "IQ" (very clever?) and it was manufactured by ROOM'S in Germany at the beginning of the 1990s, and apparently used for Sennheiser HE60 and other headphones. ROOM'S still make "Kopfhörerstative":

http://www.rooms-design.de/

I was lucky to get it with a HD565 on ebay.de, 45 euro all in all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back