Headphone/ Soundcard for Gaming
Feb 20, 2010 at 7:19 PM Post #47 of 82
Forte > Prelude due to the integrated discrete amp in Forte which is absent in Prelude. I don't know whether they're plannin' to fix it or not, but I have seen 'em offer RMA services to folks w/ problems no questions asked. Their latest card Bravura isn't completely free of the buzzing noise either from what I've read, so might wanna look out also. But I'm an Auzen buyer either way.

Feb 20, 2010 at 11:32 PM Post #48 of 82
Just pulled the trigger on the ATH-AD700. It will requires some days to arrive ( USA to the Netherlands) I hope I am gonna like it ^^, just need to get a soundcard for it
smily_headphones1.gif
. Thank you all for your help.

I heared something about burn-in new headphones in order to work at their best. How does this works and for how long?

Feb 20, 2010 at 11:41 PM Post #49 of 82
The AD700 is really nice for gaming apparently but I have never used it for that purpose. Based on the genre's you like though, I think the senns might be a better fit. I like a lot of classical and stuff in addition to hip hop/r&b/pop so I was able to find a nice center in the AD700s but I'm afraid that might not be the case for you. So I would recommend the 595's so you can benefit both your music and gaming.

As far as your soundcard goes, anything off board would be a really nice addition. For future uses though, I'd recommend the forte or essence ST/X so that you can have some decent amplification for some more power hungry phones. I'm not saying it will be able to match $300+ amps but at least it is something decent you know? That and it will sound good to you for sure.

Feb 20, 2010 at 11:45 PM Post #50 of 82
since the HD 555 is not that expensive , I could order it aswell. How much "worse" is the 555 compared to the 595 ( Music). I mean would I hear any difference between the 2 in musics?

I guess I would use the ATH-AD700 for gaming. And the Senny for music/movie in case i get a senny

Feb 21, 2010 at 9:06 PM Post #52 of 82
we haven't given you enough suggestions already?? ATH-AD700 and X-FI Elite Pro. Best gaming combo but an Asus sound card will give you better sound quality when it comes to music.

Feb 22, 2010 at 10:56 AM Post #53 of 82
You bett ya! I alrdy ordered the ATH-AD700. I will use it for gaming.

I decide to get another 1 and stretched my budget to get a headphone just for music. Which headphone would be the best for my music genre without requiring a Amp ( Pop/ R&B mainly but also some Dance/techno/hiphop and some rock). Sennheiser HD555/595, beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO, 80 Ohm, Denon AH-D2000, or any other?

I will wait abit for the soundcard, I alrdy got a Creative X-fi Xtreme Music. Not sure if I will either use it for gaming or music.

Thank you

Feb 22, 2010 at 10:58 AM Post #54 of 82
Denon, Beyerdynamic and Ultrasone are all great for those genre's. Pretty much all need an amp, but if you haven't heard one with an amp, you dunno what you will be missing out on. What is your budget?

Feb 22, 2010 at 11:00 AM Post #55 of 82
Hey stang, I think around 200-250 euro ish.

For the movies, would a music based headphone be better or a gaming based headphone. So eitherway the ATH AD700 or xxx what I am currently looking for the musics.

Feb 22, 2010 at 11:10 AM Post #56 of 82
Shouldn't really matter, but I would imagine a gaming based one would be better for movies. I am going to suggest a closed set of headphones. Maybe some people with actual experience of the cans can help you here. I am going to suggest Denon D2000 and Ultrasone PRO 750 though for starters.

Feb 22, 2010 at 12:12 PM Post #58 of 82
Quote:

Originally Posted by zer0 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
which soundcard would be nice?

as mentioned above, a good x-fi card. auzentech make some real nice ones. just depends on your budget.

Feb 22, 2010 at 12:20 PM Post #59 of 82
If you're not going to use your music headphone with an amp, don't get a beyerdynamic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back