Headphone sightings!
Jan 28, 2006 at 4:07 AM Post #31 of 57
I saw my first pair of Grados in public here. I was walking down Bank St after work and a middle aged man was rocking out to SR80's ans walked past me.

I've seen plenty of triports and px100's.

Jan 28, 2006 at 4:28 AM Post #34 of 57
Man, some of y'all can be pretty mean.

Anyways, nothing decent round here. There are times when I'd come across a guy with bose or ibuds, he'll usually give me the "I'm better than you" look. Rare, but it happens. I don't play that, real men don't need such things to show their worth, they earn it with their actions and whatnot.

Jan 28, 2006 at 4:29 AM Post #35 of 57
Saw someone on the subway today wearing AKG K26P's...

Jan 28, 2006 at 4:33 AM Post #36 of 57
i saw a guy wearing HD 212s at the mall yesterday. What I didn't like about the experience was that he gave me this smug look when he noticed i was looking at his headphones. like he's da bomb or something
rolleyes.gif

bleh. of course, nothing against the 212s, just the owner i guess.

I saw a guy with a PX100 when i was at the elevator once.

lots of ibuds

Jan 28, 2006 at 4:42 AM Post #37 of 57
1 Stax SR-303 <= I swear I saw a chick using this on the public transportation train in BC.
1 Sony mdr-v600
2 Shure E3C
1 Bose Tri-port
1 Sony mdr-ex71
1 Sony MDR-SA1000
1 Ultrasone (forgot the model)
and of course tons of iBud.

Jan 31, 2006 at 5:36 AM Post #38 of 57
the berkeley thing got me thinking, has anyone ever thought of starting a facebook group for head-fi?

Jan 31, 2006 at 6:24 AM Post #39 of 57
Suprisingly, I have not seen a pair of Triports or QC2s in the streets of Toronto (or I'm just blind). At school, I've seen a pair of Phillips noise cancelling stuff, Ratshack DJ cans, Apple In-Ears, and the JVC semi-canals. I've seen a guy on the bus near Alton Towers wearing E2Cs (when I was wearing my ER-6is). A couple pairs of Grados downtown, and a lot (and a lot) of stock buds. Oh yea, and a guy with KSC75s in The Source.

Jan 31, 2006 at 6:40 AM Post #40 of 57
I always see people with MDR-V300s on..quite possibly the worst pair of headphones, value wise
frown.gif

Jan 31, 2006 at 7:17 AM Post #41 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by anyatinagan
i saw a guy wearing HD 212s at the mall yesterday. What I didn't like about the experience was that he gave me this smug look when he noticed i was looking at his headphones. like he's da bomb or something
rolleyes.gif

The same thing happened to me, except at the time I had my MS-Pros on HAHAHAHAHAH
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jan 31, 2006 at 7:34 AM Post #42 of 57
I was standing outside Zachary's Pizza on College Ave in Berekely the other day when I saw one of the most attractive girls I had ever seen sporting Ety ER-6i's! I was astounded/amazed/dumbfounded/impressed, and if I hadn't been wearing my E2C's I would have attempted to give her the Head-Fi greeting. Awesome sight, I was thinking about that while I was eating my delicious pizza.

Jan 31, 2006 at 7:52 AM Post #43 of 57
What the... do I have to start going to Berkeley every weekend or something?!
confused.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by granodemostasa
the berkeley thing got me thinking, has anyone ever thought of starting a facebook group for head-fi?

I've considered doing so for my school, UCD, but I never get around to it - not necessarily head-fi, but hi-fi. It takes 5 minutes, but I swear I have more important things to do.

Wait... I actually do this time - midterms this week.
frown.gif

Jul 9, 2006 at 12:41 AM Post #44 of 57
Yesterday I drove up to Brattleboro, VT to visit my Godmother's grave. Afterward I strolled around downtown Brat for a bit. It's quite a lively town on a Friday evening. On one corner I saw a middle aged man who must either be a head-fier or at least an occasional reader of this site. He was wearing HD-580s with what looked like stock cables, which disappeared into a particularly bulky portable CD player carrying case. Judging from the lumpy composition of the case, it was pretty clear he had an amp in there.
580smile.gif
I pointed this out to my travelling companion, who thought I was completely nuts
280smile.gif

Jul 9, 2006 at 1:47 AM Post #45 of 57
I saw some KSC75's in Boston the other day... that's the most impressive thing I've seen so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back