Headphone shops outside of Toronto
May 25, 2010 at 4:49 PM Post #16 of 26
Cosmo is a massive musical instrumets store. I've only been there a couple times but I wasn't looking for headphones. I'm pretty sure I saw the Sennheiser HD-25's on a Boss Pedal display,but didnt find a way to test them with my mp3 player.

If you play guitar and are going to cosmo go up the stairs at the back of the guitar section, it leads you to some amazing (and expensive!) guitars with amps in a soundproofed room.

May 25, 2010 at 6:33 PM Post #17 of 26
I go to demo headphones at Cosmos quite often as well (the one located north of Major Mac/Leslie), and they do have a nice selection of DJ and monitoring and studio oriented headphones, such as AKG K240/K271, HD280/25 I-II, AT M40/50, etc (I've seen them sell consumer oriented ones like the HD555 and 580 in the past as well).  I actually bought my K271 and HD25 I-II from there, since I know someone from there that can get me further discount.  They have a few demo/used pairs out on the floor which you can try, and often they also have open box ones that you can ask to try out.

They also surprisingly have a HD800 which is out on the floor inside a rotating clear plastic display box.  I think they MAY allow you to demo it since it's already open and out on the floor, but I've never asked them that.

May 25, 2010 at 8:41 PM Post #18 of 26
I've always wondered how someone goes to test out headphones in a store thats not really headphone oriented. do you normally bring your own amp (not that cosmo is short on amps
wink_face.gif
)

May 25, 2010 at 9:11 PM Post #20 of 26

Quote:
baybloor is overpriced imo, however, the times i've been there, the staff seems quite knowledgable 

You know you're right both ways, I went to national sound in TO where I got my 225i's for $250 tax included, whilst at BBR they were $270 PLUS TAX! Most of the time their salesmen are pretentious, it's like "buddy I could spend a couple of weeks on the forums and own you" Such fools, I hate those guys!

May 27, 2010 at 10:56 AM Post #21 of 26

Quote:
I've always wondered how someone goes to test out headphones in a store thats not really headphone oriented. do you normally bring your own amp (not that cosmo is short on amps
wink_face.gif
)

Well, most of the headphones there arguably do well enough without an amp, so I just take my PMP/iphone to test them out (do keep in mind that I personally don't really believe in portable hifi).

Good thing about Cosmo is that they do allow you to return them if you are not satisfied.  They also price match Long & McQuade/other music stores with anything they have I believe.

May 27, 2010 at 10:12 PM Post #24 of 26
As I said gentlemen, it’s my opinion, and according to that, Bay Bloor sucks. You are entitled to your opinion, but I will not shop there again if I can at all help it; however, I agree that they carry a lot of headphones. This means nothing in terms of what their staff know or care to show they know. In any case, all the best to you, if you can get service there. I could not in any sense of the word. The place is absolutely incredible in how poor that aspect is, in my opinion. :)

May 28, 2010 at 3:58 AM Post #25 of 26
im looking at the Cosmo website, and from the virtual tour, i see a giant AKG poster, maybe you will have some luck there. do report your findings!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back