Headphone Sale on Amazon- Beyerdynamic DT770 for $126
Oct 29, 2008 at 5:54 PM Post #121 of 278
Does anyone know if the Beyer bag/case can be ordered separately? Don't see it on their site and would be nice to have for other phones?

Oct 29, 2008 at 8:18 PM Post #123 of 278
Quote:

Highs are still a bit rolled off but still acceptable.

My main setup consists of silver Grado SR325s and a Gilmore Lite. I find the DT770s to be more detailed than the Grados! But not in a bad way...they're more balanced and less harsh.

I did think they were a bit lacking in the bass, even with the EQ on my Rockboxed iPod bumped up a bit. Reading that the DT770 Pros were very bass heavy and clamped your head more, I bent the arms in a bit, and it seemed to increase the bass enough to make me happy.

I have had these for about a week now, and I'm really starting to like them more and more.
beyersmile.png

Oct 29, 2008 at 8:46 PM Post #124 of 278
Quote:

Originally Posted by blessingx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does anyone know if the Beyer bag/case can be ordered separately? Don't see it on their site and would be nice to have for other phones?

I've always just called them when I needed a part...like pads or a headband cover, but it's been a while. They're number is (800)293-4463. If the process is still the same, they will give you the part number and then email you an order form that you can fill out and fax or scan/email. All the info is on the form and the process was pretty painless and quick in my experience.

Oct 29, 2008 at 9:21 PM Post #127 of 278
Actually, let me qualify that. They sound great with classical, very nice soundstage. But thus far, with Rock/Pop/R&B/etc they sound way too laid back for me. Does the bass take awhile to come in with burn in? Cause right now the ESW9 has considerably more bass.

Oct 30, 2008 at 1:01 AM Post #128 of 278
Is there really nobody willing to help poor fellow canadians to reach this deal? This would mean, Order from Amazon, recieve the box and send it to the canadian buyer. Of course you will be paid before at a reasonable price to compensate trouble and shipping charges and pp fees if applicable.

Anyone? how 140 USD sound for it all? Still a deal for us poor canadian fellas and you make a few dollars while helping fellow head-fiers.

Oct 30, 2008 at 2:00 AM Post #129 of 278
Just got my pair, they have just a mere couple of hours of pink noise burn in but I am definitely like what I hear, a lot like closed version of DT880. After all that bad rap surrounding DT770, it's a very pleasant surprise. Good balance, no shrilling highs or bloated bass, pretty solid mids, very nice details and spacious soundstage.
I was eyeballing them when they just got out hoping to get closed version of DT880, guess I should have done it long time ago. And for $113, it's just a steal. Not sure how they gonna compare against K271S, but it definitely won't be an easy win for either.

Oct 30, 2008 at 3:38 AM Post #131 of 278
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicolas2305 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is there really nobody willing to help poor fellow canadians to reach this deal? This would mean, Order from Amazon, recieve the box and send it to the canadian buyer. Of course you will be paid before at a reasonable price to compensate trouble and shipping charges and pp fees if applicable.

Anyone? how 140 USD sound for it all? Still a deal for us poor canadian fellas and you make a few dollars while helping fellow head-fiers.

I'd be willing to help out a few fellow Canadian head-fiers with this. I could probably handle about 5-10 people if there was that kind of demand.

Shoot me a PM for details and we will work something out.

Oct 30, 2008 at 4:19 AM Post #132 of 278
I just picked them up too. I currently have no cans for home listening, my HD497's were "burned up" due to a bad DAC/Amp I received. So, I wanted to get some decent closed cans as an upgrade from my HD497's. I like listening at low volume so isolations=better sound quality for me. I am excited, can't wait to see how they sound on my new Zero DAC/Amp I should be receiving soon also.

Oct 30, 2008 at 4:25 AM Post #133 of 278
Quote:

I find it hilarious that so many in this thread are willing to take a credit ping on a credit check for the sole sake of saving a whopping $10.

Didn't use bill me later because its one less thing to worry about, but what is so bad about credit pings?

Oct 30, 2008 at 4:54 AM Post #134 of 278
Got mine, first impressions, really impressed. Completely blows the Audio Technica A700 out of the stratosphere, the AT's sound closed, nasal, congested and flat in comparison to the DT770's. The DT770's do the A700 what the A700's did to the AKG K81DJ's.

I compared the two briefly with my home rig and not my headphone rig, the DT770's sound fantastic off the Onkyo amp. The treble energy is a bit too much on some songs and the bass needs to tighten up. I will leave it to burn in for a while and then make more comparisons.

Oct 30, 2008 at 4:57 AM Post #135 of 278
Will these be okay running out of a laptop for a little while? Or like an iPhone?

No amp at the moment, but would it still sound decent enough to warrant the purchase?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back