Headphone recommendations :D
Oct 2, 2009 at 1:17 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

bannahz

New Head-Fier
hi i recently broke my skullcandys and i want to get a pair for under 100 what are the best ones for under one hundred? overall i'd like a nice bass, and clear highs so a nice balance sound... i listen to rap, hip hop, rock mostly anything :d thnks

Oct 2, 2009 at 1:52 AM Post #3 of 20
oh sry uh full size over the ear
biggrin.gif

Oct 2, 2009 at 2:13 AM Post #4 of 20
well, you could upgrade from skulls easily and get the Bose "around ear headphones" but those are $140 and frankly they aren't spectacular. I own a pair and they're generally ok, kinda lacking something...

under $100...check out Sennheiser and Shure. I would say Ultrasone cause I'm looking at a pair of those, but I don't know which models (if any) are under or at $100.

But most everything if you buy smart, you'll enjoy much much more than Skullcandy, I have yet to listen to a pair of skulls that I like. (For a while I wanted em really bad, purely from looks, then I listened to some...and they just made me sad)

Oct 2, 2009 at 2:14 AM Post #5 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by bannahz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hi i recently broke my skullcandys and i want to get a pair for under 100 what are the best ones for under one hundred? overall i'd like a nice bass, and clear highs so a nice balance sound... i listen to rap, hip hop, rock mostly anything :d thnks

First step to being an audiophile. Congrats

I heard Denon has good bass on them but generally costs a little higher than $100. I's say it's worth the saving up for

Oct 2, 2009 at 2:25 AM Post #8 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by chud /img/forum/go_quote.gif
let me save this thread and tell you to get the Alessandro MS-1i.

MS1 don't have bass, at least not an Skullcandy bass. AKG K518DJ, perhaps?

Oct 2, 2009 at 2:32 AM Post #9 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by RottenKitten /img/forum/go_quote.gif
MS1 don't have bass, at least not an Skullcandy bass. AKG K518DJ, perhaps?

haha, yes, they do. and not having skullcandy bass is a good thing.

Oct 2, 2009 at 2:46 AM Post #10 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by chud /img/forum/go_quote.gif
haha, yes, they do. and not having skullcandy bass is a good thing.

Mm... yeah, but he is asking for bass, and Grados are not the greatest option if you are looking for bass, even Alessandros.

Oct 2, 2009 at 2:59 AM Post #12 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by RottenKitten /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mm... yeah, but he is asking for bass, and Grados are not the greatest option if you are looking for bass, even Alessandros.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bannahz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
overall i'd like a nice bass, and clear highs[/] so a nice balance sound... i listen to rap, hip hop, rock mostly anything :d thnks

that, for $100? MS-1i

Oct 2, 2009 at 3:17 AM Post #13 of 20
The JVC HA-RX900 have even more bass than the RX700's. I personally prefer the RX700s for this and other reasons, but the RX900's are still an option.

Oct 2, 2009 at 3:57 AM Post #14 of 20
Save some money and get the JVC HA-RX700 or HA-RX900 headphones (priced at $35 and $55). I think they're probably some of the best headphones available under $100 (especially for your criteria).

Also, there's a couple good threads on here about modding them. I think they sound a good bit better after modding.

Oct 2, 2009 at 5:22 AM Post #15 of 20
I took it from the OP's post that he was looking for a different kind of bass. I think grados have a natural and punchy bass but i took it he wants the impacting bass.

From the cans i have heard i would recommend ultrasone zinos but i dont know if those count as over the ears

Users who are viewing this thread

Back