Headphone recommendation under $55?
May 18, 2010 at 5:18 PM Post #2 of 13
Koss KSC75.

Koss PortaPro.

Sennheiser PX100-II.

Beyond those three staples of sub-$50 recommendations, we need to know more about your listening habits. Do you need closed headphones or open? What kind of music? Portable or desktop usage?

May 18, 2010 at 5:23 PM Post #5 of 13

Quote:
Koss KSC75.

Koss PortaPro.

Sennheiser PX100-II.

Beyond those three staples of sub-$50 recommendations, we need to know more about your listening habits. Do you need closed headphones or open? What kind of music? Portable or desktop usage?

Music ranges from classical to jazz to metal. Closed or open doesn't matter. This should be somewhat portable but I'm going to be using them at a desktop too.

May 18, 2010 at 5:33 PM Post #7 of 13
missed the creative aurvana live! at costco :frowning2:

I suggest you either lower your budget or make it higher.... for 70$, the SRH440s look great, I prefer the RX 700 to the 900, so I'll suggest the 35ish$ RX700 with felt mod, ear pad foam mod and cup stuffing mod, totals like 2$ worth of mods and will make yo love them even more :D

May 18, 2010 at 9:30 PM Post #10 of 13
I've mentioned this in a couple threads already, but if you live near a Best Buy - You need to go check out the Sennheiser HD238.

They are on close-out for $34.99 right now.  I picked up a pair this weekend and continue to be impressed by them.  They are a lightweight, comfortable, portable, open set of headphones that sound similar to my HD600 but with more bass. 

May 18, 2010 at 11:18 PM Post #12 of 13

Quote:
I've mentioned this in a couple threads already, but if you live near a Best Buy - You need to go check out the Sennheiser HD238.

They are on close-out for $34.99 right now.  I picked up a pair this weekend and continue to be impressed by them.  They are a lightweight, comfortable, portable, open set of headphones that sound similar to my HD600 but with more bass. 

I'm really, really interested. Are they $34.99 at all best buys? I guess I can go check it out tomorrow. Great find, thanks :xf_eek:.

May 19, 2010 at 12:23 AM Post #13 of 13
Another good set of headphones that doesn't get mentioned nearly enough in that price range is the Yamaha RH-5Ma. Good solid bass and extended highs... mids being a bit recessed. Comfortable, and they have the same brand name on them as the motorcycle that Valentino Rossi races on. What's not to like?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back