Headphone recommendation? HD569?
Jul 17, 2022 at 2:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

MrAhmet

New Head-Fier
I've been searching for a long time. My budget is limited and I don't have a chance to try earphone models. I would be glad if you help.

I had a chance to test the SHP9500. Stock audio was average. But with PEQ, the bass is nice and the treble is soft. Sounds great with PEQ. Still, the compression force is weak and it leaks sound. I can buy it for $70 but it is not suitable for use all the time. Closed headphones are still my priority. If I give up closed headphones, my first choice will be the shp9500.

I'm not a bass head. I want balanced sound. I don't want a harsh, tiring sound. I want it to be comfortable enough that I can use it for 3-5 hours. Also, my budget is limited. I don't want it to break any time soon. When I searched for options under $100, the following caught my attention. (Prices vary in my country, prices increase with taxes and shipping charges. I tried to write the price below without tax and shipping.)

AT M40X $110 Negatives: Build quality!!!, Comfort, Small soundstage

Shure SRH440A $100 Negatives: Sound quality is questionable?

AKG K361 $95 Negatives: Fragile build quality!!!, Fit is important for good sound, Quality Control suspicious

Sony MDR-7506 $95 Negatives: Harsh sound!!!, Small soundstage

Sennheiser HD 280 PRO $100 Negatives: Sound quality is questionable?

Sennheiser HD569 $105 Negatives: Small soundstage

Sennheiser 569 is not talked about much. I think it used to be around $150. It was not adequate for the price. But right now I can get it for $105

I also have the Tempotec Sonata HD PRO dac. If it needs additional power, that's fine. What is your opinion on the price and other options? For its build quality, quality control and comfort, the HD569 looks good. I don't think it has any noticeable flaws like the others.

EDİT: There are good reviews for ISK hf2010. Comfort, durability and sound quality are good. I can get it very cheap too. $55 including tax and shipping. For Shp 9500 I have to pay $100 after taxes. How do ISK hf2010 and Shp9500 compare? ISK looks great for the price. If it's as good as the shp9500 I might buy it.

Last edited:
Jul 17, 2022 at 3:39 PM Post #2 of 7
Of the headphones listed, I would get the Sennheiser HD569.

Jul 17, 2022 at 5:59 PM Post #4 of 7
Have you used it before? I would be glad if you share your experiences.
I own the Sennheiser HD559, it's the oldest headphone I have, that I still like.
Kind of a boring sound, which makes it easier for long term listening.

Jul 19, 2022 at 6:41 AM Post #6 of 7
Takstar PRO 82 model is recommended. Sound quality doesn't seem to be bad. But the tax and shipping will be more than others. Not that low priced for me.

After all the fees I have to pay,
Takstar 82 PRO $110 ( Discount time maybe 100$ ) Durability:question: Comfort:question: Sound Quality:question:
HD569 $135 Durability:ballot_box_with_check: Comfort:ballot_box_with_check: Sound Quality:question:
AKG K361 $120 Durability:x: Comfort:question: Sound Quality:ballot_box_with_check:
SRH440A $125 Durability:ballot_box_with_check: Comfort:ballot_box_with_check: Sound Quality:question:

How does Takstar PRO 82 compare to other earphones? Is the build quality good enough to last 2-3 years?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back