Headphone Recommendation (for kids)
Mar 18, 2019 at 10:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

DoubleIPA

100+ Head-Fier
Sorry.. this is the incorrect forum for this if a mod would kind enough to move it to the help section.

Hello,

I mostly lurk around here and have posted in a few sections. My wife and I realized we need a set of headphones for our kids when they're using their iPads while traveling. We are going to to be taking a long trip from New Zealand to United States and would like to have them for the flight. We would prefer over the ear headphones that are comfortable for long traveling time. Our children are used to wearing over the hear protection from when we take them to events, so that is one reason why we want to stick with over the ear. We'd like them to be comfortable and possibly noise cancelling. We're in the $100 range for each pair. There's a gazllion reviews on headphones on Amazon, but I figured I'd have better advice from enthusiasts.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2019 at 6:03 AM Post #2 of 2
Yes, should be moved to the recommendations section. Nevertheless, closed back is a better alternative than in-ear for kids, I would check the Sony MDR-7510, 24 Ohms and 108 dB/mW so they are easy to drive, closed back, and pro/kid's proof. Can't find how much attenuation they provide for ambient noise but these are studio/broadcasting headphones. Clamping force needed for passive attenuation may be an issue for a kid, the only way is to try it. Noise cancelling would be much better than passive attenuation to reduce the ambient noise in a flight but $100 is a bit tight to get quality sound and effective noise cancelling. You can try the Bose QuietComfort 25, they were discontinued and the price dropped, you may get it half price or less.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back