Headphone rec.
Jan 3, 2009 at 7:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

RL23GB

New Head-Fier
Can someone give me a recomendation for my next pair of headphones? I listen to mainly rock on my computer and am looking for a pair that can deliver good amount of bass and give clear insrumentals, as my last pair was lacking in that. I am spending around $300 on heaphones only, as i am going to wait on an amp for now. Either a specific model or just a brand name would be helpful.

Jan 3, 2009 at 7:32 AM Post #2 of 13
Hi.
i may not be of much help with your question but there is a sticky for this that may help you. You should be able to find something there for your dollar amount. Or use the search function. Good luck and have fun while your here.

Jan 3, 2009 at 8:55 AM Post #3 of 13
I would suggest the hd595 since they don't require a headphone amp.

Jan 3, 2009 at 9:14 AM Post #4 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by RL23GB /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can someone give me a recomendation for my next pair of headphones? I listen to mainly rock on my computer and am looking for a pair that can deliver good amount of bass and give clear insrumentals, as my last pair was lacking in that. I am spending around $300 on heaphones only, as i am going to wait on an amp for now. Either a specific model or just a brand name would be helpful.

Welcome to Head-Fi... and sorry about your wallet! :p
Maybe a pair of Grado sr225 or sr325i? These sound great directly out of an iPod or computer so you wouldn't need to worry about buying an external amp for now.

They deliver punchy, tight bass and amazing speed, clarity and separation for the price.

Jan 4, 2009 at 4:48 AM Post #6 of 13
My last pair were hd485, which made a little skeptical of whether the senn's have the power and definition i want. I was woundering if any brands besides grado's could handle rock well, but still be able to decently play other genres. As my interests also includ jazz and pop, and although i prefer rock, i dont want to be limited.

Jan 4, 2009 at 6:21 AM Post #7 of 13
From what I've read here, I think you need to try the Grado SR225. They're really great, and I don't think they'll limit you at all. And since you like rock, Grado is really the ticket for that.

Jan 4, 2009 at 10:41 PM Post #10 of 13
Start with the sr225 and get a Little Dot I+ for an amp. You'll get some amazing sound with this combo enough so that I believe it should tame that upgrade bug for long while.

Might stretch the budget a little but if you get the grados used you might just stay under $300
wink_face.gif

Jan 5, 2009 at 12:09 AM Post #13 of 13
For rock without a dedicated amp, try a pair of Grados. For your budget, look at the SR-225, SR-325i and the Alessandro (they're made by Grado) MS-2i. Check out the threads on them because each has a distinct personality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back