Headphone Prices
Jan 24, 2024 at 2:09 PM Post #17 of 22
Eh you cant account for taste and try to force feed the HD6XX to me. IMO the HD6X0 simply doesnt sound right with that boosted midrange followed by that dark treble and would pay full price any day for the SRH1840 if I wanted a monitor sound.

Jan 24, 2024 at 3:52 PM Post #18 of 22
Thing is everyone has to start somewhere. And I bet most of us started with hifi , speakers, set ups . Before moving onto cheap headphones just to walk around with , mostly open backed. To play tapes, minidisc , before moving to cd.
Then we all grew up and wanted music on at home . But not everyone else ......so hey, Headphones saved the day. But we wanted better headphones, larger, open and closed . Before moving onto better ones for travel. Wired and bluetooth, and also going small again with not the normal ear buds......lol.....gotta be smart iems. And off we go . It's a life long hobby. Just like the music. Which is another topic. Lol

Jan 24, 2024 at 6:30 PM Post #19 of 22
I didnt call you a fool, fool! Besides I shared info you were ignorant of, ignoramus!
I look forward to your suggestions for a closed can under $500 that is better than the 1540.

Jan 24, 2024 at 6:40 PM Post #20 of 22
Thing is everyone has to start somewhere. And I bet most of us started with hifi , speakers, set ups . Before moving onto cheap headphones just to walk around with , mostly open backed.

I have yet to hear a set of headphones that betters the midrange of my Mirage M3i, Krell, Denon 3520, DAC from 1990.

I suppose we all have to start somewhere.

Jan 24, 2024 at 7:33 PM Post #22 of 22
After you get 1540 describe to me how it’s worse than 6XX and CAL! and based on that info then maybe I can offer some recommendation nearer to your preferences.
My preference is that you are on ignore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back