Headphone Playoffs!
Jan 4, 2005 at 6:49 AM Post #31 of 46
Does it really "freak people out" if I make fun of myself. I suppose it does. I thought it was kind of mature, you know turning the other cheak or not isolating myself and joining in on the banter, talking about myself worse than others have. I thought when I was a kid the teachers told me to just go along with the ridicule and do it myself and then it will go away and maybe I would even make some friends from it?

Jan 4, 2005 at 6:54 AM Post #32 of 46
Making fun of yourself isn't bad, but in this particular case, it seems a bit wierd. No one has really said anything that bad per se, so forget about it. The thread may have gone to hell, but I don't see any comments thrown directly toward you. Besides little things don't really matter anyway. Better to enjoy head-fi than not. Also, chocolate pretzels are pertty good. Mind altering in a way.

Jan 4, 2005 at 6:57 AM Post #33 of 46
I had someone in one of my classes this semester give a presentatioin on chocolate and most of it was her dribbling choclate all over pretzels and trying to talk seductively, quite embarasing to the rest of the class.

Jan 4, 2005 at 7:05 AM Post #35 of 46
It does seem to have many powerful conotations to it. Half of the world is supposed to think it is better than sex, and a mix of the rest of the world and that first half like it quite inocently.

Jan 4, 2005 at 7:08 AM Post #36 of 46
Whoever thinks chocolate is better than sex needs to have sex. I don't think they compare, and I'm a teenager whose very fond of sweets. I'd pick sex anytime.

Jan 4, 2005 at 7:13 AM Post #37 of 46
Yeah but if any one stereo type , or in this case, agegroup was to say that sex is better than choc. it would be teenagers wouldn't it. Seems to me they idealise sex at or above any other level excluding college students which is just about the same age level so there you have it seems to me like if any age group where to like sex the most it would been young people who are both willing, able and good looking.

Jan 4, 2005 at 7:19 AM Post #38 of 46
I agree. I guess we young'uns are still in the "I want to jump everything that moves" state of mind. At least the guys. Now if I was an older man, who had to choose between, say, sex or music. That might be a little difficult. Okay, no it wouldn't.
tongue.gif

Jan 4, 2005 at 7:26 AM Post #39 of 46
Thanks a lot for the good communica. I am an opinionated person, and I tent to think myself as resonable and mostly keeping in the strong emotions. I just got frazzled I guess. I'll see how I can do aabout keeping a positive read on everything and to go along with chritisizm, but not jump in and push it farther which turns even more people off than just disagreement because they don't understand it.

Jan 4, 2005 at 7:29 AM Post #40 of 46
That's cool.

You don't wanna end up like me. I used to take everything said to me online way too seriously, be it if I was in the wrong or not. I still do at times, but I know when to pick my battles. Especially on head-fi, which is a really good place to hang out. It's not worth making enemies here. (I personally have a few, mostly because I was a big arse for a time)

Jan 4, 2005 at 7:32 AM Post #41 of 46
On to finding out what kind of amplification I have. More acuuratley what quality the amplification i do have is.

Jan 4, 2005 at 12:54 PM Post #42 of 46
Quote:

Whoever thinks chocolate is better than sex needs to have sex. I don't think they compare, and I'm a teenager whose very fond of sweets. I'd pick sex anytime.

YOU GOT THAT RIGHT !

i am no "teenager" but my priorities are definately in order !
icon10.gif

But no one said you can not have both man !

.......maybe even at the same time ! mmmmm......chocalate syrup.............
tongue.gif

Jan 4, 2005 at 9:34 PM Post #43 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by rickcr42
YOU GOT THAT RIGHT !

i am no "teenager" but my priorities are definately in order !
icon10.gif

But no one said you can not have both man !

.......maybe even at the same time ! mmmmm......chocalate syrup.............
tongue.gif

Don't forget the whip cream and cherries.

And video camera.
tongue.gif

Jan 5, 2005 at 12:36 AM Post #44 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia
Don't forget the whip cream and cherries.

And video camera.
tongue.gif

Polaroids!
Unless you want the tape to fall into the wrong hands!
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back